Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 11:49:37 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Current Events Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 94
Author Topic: Current Events Thread  (Read 89471 times)
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1640 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:22 pm »

What the hell, Octane? Please refrain from triple posting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwA9oU3pxsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwA9oU3pxsg</a>

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #1641 on: January 29, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »

I love these videos
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1642 on: January 29, 2012, 07:23:50 pm »

Sorry, just gonna pop in here and say that this is a myth. All smoke is carcinogenic and causes cancer. I will also say that there are ways to get the THC from marijuana without inhaling smoke negating the cancer causing effect.
Wrong.

Or, perhaps you'd like this study that was published a few weeks ago. It was one of the largest and longest marijuana studies ever conducted. It was found that marijuana had no impact on lung function and capacity.

Do you seriously think marijuana is not damaging your lungs like cigarettes? Both involves inhaling burned shit that will rest in your lungs and add up over time.

Also I know someone personally that got a psychosis because of smoking weed everyday for a week. The psychosis will probably last for the rest of her life.
A week? He probably wasn't mentally stable enough to be smoking weed everyday. Me and my friends smoke everyday for several weeks straight and we aren't impaired at all.

i fucking hate all of you
if you like weed smoke weed
if you don't like weed, don't smoke weed
this isn't a hard fucking subject to understand ppl
octane nig lets blow this joint and smoke a blunt

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1643 on: January 29, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »

Wrong.

Or, perhaps you'd like this study that was published a few weeks ago. It was one of the largest and longest marijuana studies ever conducted. It was found that marijuana had no impact on lung function and capacity.

That has nothing to do with smoke being a carcinogenic. Saying that because it's pot makes inhaling a carcinogenic substance better for you is like saying onion rings are good for you because the blood thinning effect of onions counteracts the artery clogging effect of the deep fryer oil.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1644 on: January 29, 2012, 07:35:37 pm »

That has nothing to do with smoke being a carcinogenic. Saying that because it's pot makes inhaling a carcinogenic substance better for you is like saying onion rings are good for you because the blood thinning effect of onions counteracts the artery clogging effect of the deep fryer oil.
Quote from: The article I posted
Tashkin, however, has studied this issue extensively. He says,  “The largest epidemiologic (case-control) study of the association between marijuana use and lung cancer failed to demonstrate that marijuana increases the risk of developing lung (or, for that matter, upper airway) cancer.”

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #1645 on: January 29, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »

ok ._.

if you guys wanna get MAD REALS for a second we can do that too.

I'm not gonna write a 45 minute post and cite shit because I have SUPER IMPORTANT STUFF to get to but i'll just lay out some points nd let you guys go at it:

-Marijuana is illegal because of the tobacco industry
-If it were made legal and taxed and regulated it'd help the economy and eliminate some crime (not just people arrested for dealing or smoking, but anyone who shoots or otherwise hurts someone else over something as fucking stupid as smoking weed - can't fix how stupid they are but hey, might as well save a life or two)

I think prostitution should be legalized, I mean it doesn't hurt anyone and has medical benifits.
Don't compare the two, but prostitution is legal in Nevada and its regulated and safe and makes a bunch of money.

Hah.

There is nobody in the entirety of this world that needs pot to help with their condition, they just want to smoke when there is an abundance of approved drugs that do all the necessary jobs better.

Medical marijuana really is a total joke. I mean all along I'm pretty sure everyone knew that it was just a way of "legalizing" pot to an extent.

Medical marijuana helps people with shit like MS, saying it's a "total joke" is straight stupid. at the same time anyone who wants medical marijuana to be legalized so they can get it without having a medical condition is also an asshole, so w/e

None of those items are currently illegal. And there's less chance of someone becoming addicted to expensive tables and only talking about how they wish they could go back to their room to rub their expensive table again.

So why not just enjoy those things instead of smoking pot? Most people manage to have a great time without being high, so why is it necessary for people that smoke?
do some SEARCH and you'll see why weed is illegal. it's not because it's horrendously dangerous it's because it would put a dent in profits of tobacco corporations (well i'm p. sure, i could just be talking out of my ass right now). nd like it was said it's not necessary, it's just fun to do and it's not particularly dangerous or illegal for any good reason.

overall I'm just so fucking tired of the arguments over this issue and how many times I hear it, there's so many other things to talk about instead of whether to legalize marijuana. how about we make sure two homosexuals who love each other can live a decent fucking life first??

octane nig lets blow this joint and smoke a blunt
>blow this joint
>smoke a blunt

hue

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Citizen_001
ZM2 Developer

Male_07

« Reply #1646 on: January 29, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »

Medical marijuana helps people with shit like MS, saying it's a "total joke" is straight stupid. at the same time anyone who wants medical marijuana to be legalized so they can get it without having a medical condition is also an asshole, so w/e
Anything marijuana can do, other legal and tested drugs on the market now can do.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from: Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #1647 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »

Yeah, there's no definite proof this is what's going on, but I feel pretty confident in saying that tobacco corporations are just paying off people to make sure marijuana can't be legalized because they know it'll fuck up their profits, but I feel if we act up and speak up loud enough, we'll eventually force legalization out of them so tobacco corporations can't do shit
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1648 on: January 29, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

All smoke, ALL OF IT, from any source is carcinogenic. I'm not saying pot is bad. I'm not demonising you because you smoke (apparently a lot of) it. I am saying that smoke, a by product of burning marijuana, if inhaled contains carcinogens which can in high doses cause cancer.

The TIME study specifically states that the average use of marijuana is 2-3 times a month for it's marijuana users. It also specifically states that the increased lung capacity and cancer fighting effects appear among it's least common users, while people who smoke (you seem to be included in this bracket from what I understand) most often have lung function similar to that among people who smoke tobacco products.

What this means is the people who see the benefit of smoking pot are getting less carcinogens per month than a person would get in about 15 minutes sitting around a campfire, or by eating a steak with grill lines.

I am also hesitant to rely on the TIME study as it attributes most of the medicinal uses of marijuana to THC when in actuality there are a number of other helpful chemicals in marijuana that are the cause. It is also the reason at least one european nation has devoted resources to developing a THC free strain of marijuana (they succeeded by the way) for use in medicine. In fact the first study says this much.

Again, my claim is that "smoke contains carcinogens", not "marijuana is bad" I would also like to repeat that, because marijuana is useful for treating cancer does not make it safe to smoke. Treating is not prevention.

Anything marijuana can do, other legal and tested drugs on the market now can do.

While true, these drugs often have dangerous side effects (listen to any drug commercials on TV, shit is scary) meanwhile the worst proven side effect of marijuana is that you get high.

Yeah, there's no definite proof this is what's going on, but I feel pretty confident in saying that tobacco corporations are just paying off people to make sure marijuana can't be legalized because they know it'll fuck up their profits, but I feel if we act up and speak up loud enough, we'll eventually force legalization out of them so tobacco corporations can't do shit

It wasn't just the tobacco corporations, Hemp also threatened the paper industry, the oil industry, and the cotton industry. Marijuana has any number of enemies in big buisness, you don't have to just demonize one of them.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #1649 on: January 29, 2012, 08:09:05 pm »

With risks, side-effects, and a pricey insurance company.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1650 on: January 29, 2012, 08:13:10 pm »

Some people find that the legal meds just don't work, I for example don't get any effect from basic painkillers like Ibprofin ect. The most common use for Med Mar, that i've heard of, is an anti nausa thingy for chemo sickness.

Don't compare the two, but prostitution is legal in Nevada and its regulated and safe and makes a bunch of money.
I was being silly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:14:51 pm by worbat »

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1651 on: January 29, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »

Right. Because there are drugs on the market that helps cancer patients the way marijuana does.

Oh, wait. There isn't. That is, unless you can give me proof that there are drugs that do everything that marijuana does without harmful side effects.

FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #1652 on: January 29, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »

The thing that bothers me most about discussions on this forums is that everyone seems to get their dick in a knot and their tits twisted when they have to defend their viewpoints.

"Well, there are medicines that can do the same thing as pot."

"Oh, of course, supreme Fuhrer of the Third Reich."

And Joest is really passive aggressive about it too. Maybe we should donate some money for him to buy more pot so he can chill out.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #1653 on: January 29, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »

ZM forums has grown up. Everyone has developed a world view strong enough to even argue online.

Before it was "I like pot" "Fuck you".

Now it's "This is A and B and C why I refer to D and F and G and why reason H, K, A are valid".

So fuck you all.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1654 on: January 29, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »

Pot smokers are a lot like furries, in that there's nothing inherently wrong with what they do. However, they are so fucking obnoxious about it everyone begins to resent the object with the people.

Barry Burton
Poster

It's Barry time! yeah.

« Reply #1655 on: January 29, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

I'm pro legalization, if only because it will stop people from being arrested for something stupid.

I do not smoke and I don't plan to unless it does get legalized.

Not to judge guys or anything, but Barry is much better looking than Joest.
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #1656 on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »

It wasn't just the tobacco corporations, Hemp also threatened the paper industry, the oil industry, and the cotton industry. Marijuana has any number of enemies in big buisness, you don't have to just demonize one of them.

Right, true that. Still, point remains that big corporations are more than likely what we have to blame for the substance being banned as long as it has been.

Pot smokers are a lot like furries, in that there's nothing inherently wrong with what they do. However, they are so fucking obnoxious about it everyone begins to resent the object with the people.

Well, pot smokers will shut up when it gets legalized, otherwise we have to speak up or nothing will happen to get it legalized.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1657 on: January 29, 2012, 11:16:10 pm »

There is more to life. The only serious injustice is the thousands who die needlessly in Mexico over drug warfare. It is absurd that it's illegal, but the true injustice is not to you, and you're only worsening it by providing a market.

Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #1658 on: January 29, 2012, 11:22:44 pm »

There is more to life. The only serious injustice is the thousands who die needlessly in Mexico over drug warfare. It is absurd that it's illegal, but the true injustice is not to you, and you're only worsening it by providing a market.

..Yeah, I guess so. Point taken. I'm still going to keep up trying to do what I can to help people realize that it isn't some dangerous killer substance and keep up to date with news on legalization, but yeah, it isn't exactly what I base my life around.
GlobalEnjoi
Poster

« Reply #1659 on: January 29, 2012, 11:41:46 pm »

I don't smoke weed, never have, and probably never will because of lack of interest. But I do want to add something. Personally, I think that all smoking, any substance, should be illegal in public. I don't care what you do in your home, but I feel like I should be able to walk down the street without having to catch somebody's nasty fucking smoke in my face. If you want to risk lung cancer you should have to lock yourself up in a little box and keep that shit to yourself. Same goes for weed, I don't want to walk down the street or get on a bus and have the stuff in my face.

So I'm all for legalization, just keep it away from me. And that goes for everything that people want to smoke.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 94  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Current Events Thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length