Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 12:53:50 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Current Events Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 94
Author Topic: Current Events Thread  (Read 89163 times)
Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #1760 on: April 13, 2012, 12:28:39 am »

Well, there are all boy and all girl schools, and have been for quite some time.

Quote from: Worbat
THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1761 on: April 13, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

And there shouldn't be. Separate is inherently unequal.

Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

"Used Furniture Salesmen"

« Reply #1762 on: April 13, 2012, 02:02:53 am »

If we looked at a microcosm Rotinaj and we had one city with like 100,000 students. And let's say that you are the mayor, and only have control over the current situation and only have power on a city scale. You have two options, you can run a school that is integrated for everyone but you know for sure that every year it operates like this, 10 gay children will die. If you segregate the schools then no children will die.

This is despite your best efforts to institute new policies for anti bullying and by stepping up school security. Neither which has worked due to overwhelming cultural negativity towards gays and a lack of funding for increased security which costs more than an alternative school for gays.

Which do you choose?

So she just lays on her back and shatters the zombie's skull with a 50 caliber newborn baby.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1763 on: April 13, 2012, 02:45:24 am »

I would choose to embezzle the school's funds and then jump the border into Canada to buy a ticket to Mexico.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1764 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:45 am »

This is dumb and doesn't solve any problems. Universities need to crack down on bigotry- we need to make the entire country a safe place and that's the only meaningful goal.

Even if you didn't believe that your particular area could achieve cultural change, there's no reason to found an entirely new university when there's already plenty of egalitarian ones.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #1765 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:45 am »

That school is very good for the LBGT people that visit it but bad in the long run I think.
Agreed with this, I think? The idea of a 'refuge' makes some sense, but it's not a long-term solution to any issue. The idea of seperate schools for different groups is not as fundamentally problematic as Rotinaj makes it seem - we restrict rights for children on a variety of bases, and the real argument in many cases may be about which option is actually better for them. But of course it's difficult to work out where the line should be (clearly the line should not extend to include race-segregated schools). And if it discourages universities and schools from making actual proper efforts to crack down on abuse, as Shadow says...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:53:53 am by sulkdodds »

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #1766 on: April 13, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »

A small addendum to my post: With "That school is very good for the LBGT people that visit" I meant that it is great that students who have social problems otherwhere can have a place to study without harassment. With bad in the long run I meant that segregation will not help overcome homophobia.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1767 on: April 13, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »

A few preacher guys came to my campus yesterday, and an impromptu protest was formed against them. I'm second from the right.

I submitted that picture to Reddit and it got a bunch of attention. There are more pictures and information about it there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:16:48 pm by Joest »

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #1768 on: April 13, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »

Yea this one guy came with a big ass cross at my old high school and started preaching to PUBLIC SCHOOL students. The vice-principal had to come with policemen to get that nutbag to leave.

I'm a little shocked that campus security didn't do anything about it. Is your school religion-funded in any way?
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1769 on: April 13, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

Public university. People can come and go on the campus as they please, as long as they don't cause a ruckus.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1770 on: April 14, 2012, 01:18:11 am »

joest gets trolled in real life

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #1771 on: April 14, 2012, 04:07:19 am »

dat swag

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #1772 on: April 14, 2012, 04:48:27 am »

Batman shirted guy sign. Uhm religion is all about forcing it on others. To them we are seen as headed to a burning furnace, kind of a stupid sign to carry imho. From their perspective that sing says to them "Don't force us not to suffer forever".

Kind of carries on to your sign Joest. They find every right to warn people about hell, more so they don't care about others rights. In their view they are really helping you to show a one true way. That is more important to them than respecting rights as in their eyes it is your eternity that they are worried about and no right is more important than eternity.

Love also in their worldview won't work. Love can exist but according to the Bible (I'm guessing he was a Christian) love won't save you from hell.

Also Joest is the best looking person in the picture style/looks wise. Oh and Joest how tall are you again? O_o

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1773 on: April 14, 2012, 11:57:01 am »

Also did you really not make a sign but just print an ordinary sheet of paper?

"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1774 on: April 14, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »

Seriously, just ignore them, I don't know what you could possibly accomplish by standing next to them and looking stupid.

Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1775 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:24 am »

Also Joest is the best looking person in the picture style/looks wise. Oh and Joest how tall are you again? O_o
Thanks, and 5 foot 7. I'm not very tall.

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1776 on: April 15, 2012, 05:25:06 am »

what is this, a protest for ants?

Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1777 on: May 10, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-prep-school-classmates-recall-pranks-but-also-troubling-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story.html

Americans, please don't vote for Mitt Romney.

Barry Burton
Poster

It's Barry time! yeah.

« Reply #1778 on: May 10, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »

Americans, please don't vote for Mitt Romney.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAd7vgjzSQQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAd7vgjzSQQ</a>
Relevant, and a good look at gay rights over the last decade or so.

Not to judge guys or anything, but Barry is much better looking than Joest.
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #1779 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:15 pm »

Oh Joest you look so bored: http://i.imgur.com/gXLDE.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 94  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Current Events Thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length