Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 10:12:54 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  ZM Community Support  |  Topic: Activating game_ui for the ZM on match start « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Activating game_ui for the ZM on match start  (Read 917 times)
Boler
Poster

Forum Antagonist

« on: December 18, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »

Hi again;

I'm working (or rather playing with) an idea for a map, and I have a problem. I have a game_ui set up for the ZM, but the problem is that it is I'm wanting it to be a NON MANDATORY trigger; I know you can make it work with a button, but I'm wanting to activate the game_ui for the zm as soon as the match begins.

So my question basically is this: is there any way to force activate the game_ui for just the zm right when the match begins? If I use a logic instance, I'm afraid it will activate the game_ui for all players.

Thanks in advance.

- Carried physics objects should no longer do damage (future spinoff TTT: Black Edition will have physics objects that deal twice as much damage and fire rockets)
Boler
Poster

Forum Antagonist

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »

Solved my own problem via a coding oversight, going to post it here for the joy of others:

There is currently a bug in Zombie Master with the "prop_dynamic" entity: when the BreakOnTouch flag is enabled, the zombie master is capable of breaking this prop. So, using this bug to my advantage, I placed one of these props with the flag enabled on the Zm's spawn. When the prop breaks, it sends an output to activate a "game_ui" I have placed. Since game_ui checks for the '!activator' and the ZM is the !activator for the broken prop, the ZM becomes frozen against his/her will, and
immediatly activaes the game_ui on the match start.

I am so happy! I can now continue work on my excuse to not work on my real map fun map, which is going to be similar to tetris but different in a few key ways. Because crushing survivors with blocks is fucking boring.

- Carried physics objects should no longer do damage (future spinoff TTT: Black Edition will have physics objects that deal twice as much damage and fire rockets)
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  ZM Community Support  |  Topic: Activating game_ui for the ZM on match start « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length