Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 04:53:18 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: P.U.R.S.U.E.R.: Alert from Puchezh « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: P.U.R.S.U.E.R.: Alert from Puchezh  (Read 5183 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« on: May 15, 2011, 07:32:47 pm »

Well the old one's locked and I finally started a file in this today, so here it is. Beginning of the game is intense as fvck so far. Emission 10 minutes into my stay at Skadovsk which left about 8 bodies on the deck, got myself a fancy new shotgun and plenty of ammo and supplies. Then I completed the hit mission which was totally awesome, and then fended off some invaders. This man met my shotgun:

Also, there's a Direct2Drive sale on Shadow of Chernobyl right now. 2.50 Eurobucks or 5 USD.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »

Why does your game look like ass?

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
Meta-Stick
Poster

addicted to lifting

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:10:37 am »

What man?

Quote from: GlobalEnjoi
Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:18:26 am »

What man?
The owner of the boot and clothed arm with bonus hand on the other side of the doorway, methinks.

Signature Pending...
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:13 am »

Why does your game look like ass?
Because my computer is ass, although I did boost the graphics a bit since then. It's just annoying because for the graphics to change the game has to be restarted, and sometimes it just launches the XRay engine but not the game itself.

So far I'm enjoying this a lot more than Shadow of Chernobyl and SoC was excellent. So this is like swag to the hundred million maximum. I like that it's one huge area instead of smaller connected ones, it feels much more natural and less linear. It also feels less empty, in SoC there were lots of times that I was just walking along and there wasn't much happening - especially early on - but right now there's always something going on nearby, a firefight, some bandits to sneak up on, some STALKERS to walk with, a place to check out. It's tremendous.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

Yea the firefights sometimes get crazy, especially around the Skadovsk at night. Bandit assaults during which a chimera or even two would come in and wipe out half of that team of stalkers you were with, and disappear back into the bushes just to come back from out of nowhere to do it again. Some interesting things happen at Jupiter station too, controllers in there with full on zombie assault teams fully equipped with heavy machine guns have happened too. Duty and Freedom cooperating can be devastating.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:02:15 pm »

Well in my third day I had to run about 3 miles as an emission started and jump into the cave of anomalies at the burnt farmhouse, then crawl my way out. It started when I was looting some bandits who had been killed by snorks, and when I closed the inventory screen I saw the little "Notice: Emission" signal. Two guys hoofed it along with me but one of them died in the cave and the other didn't make it inside, getting torched at the farmhouse anomalies we all ran through.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 10:00:29 pm »

I bought a Bear detector from Owl yesterday, and then today (about 12 hours later in game time) I found a Veles on a STALKER I accidentally killed. That said, I've been finding artifacts like a motherfucker since I tossed the shitty default one.

I haven't actually started the helicopter missions because I'm having so much fun just doing side missions and finding random guys to travel with. There's also lots of firefights that break out, much more than in SoC. Goatfetus you're totally right, although since I'm still bumbling around Zaton I've only had to deal with Pseudodogs and Snorks with the bandits so far.

What weapons did you guys all use when you played? I'm about to bust into the antenna station and do the Bloodsucker Lair, and I've got an SPSA-14 with higher clip, higher durability and less weight upgrades, and a TRS-301 with a couple of small upgrades. I don't have much ammo for it, though - nobody carries it this early in the game so I'm forced to use it exclusively at distance, although with no scope it's a pain.

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 12:10:46 am »

Buy a scope ASAP. Do it do it do it. Then buy every accuracy upgrade you can.

Basically, you have three priorities right now:

1. Find tools
2. Find artifacts
3. Turn the artifacts into dosh to buy upgrades using the tools.

Try to keep one of every artifact in a chest, so that whenever beard has a quest for one of them, you can turn it in. He pays quadruple or more that way.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
-Ashitaka-
Poster

Welcome to my nightmare, Please

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:18 am »

I randomly found a VSS in the beginning of the game and just used that the entire time. I also made my M9 fully auto for the lols.
Awesome game, I love it.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 12:53:59 pm »

I randomly found a VSS in the beginning of the game and just used that the entire time. I also made my M9 fully auto for the lols.
Awesome game, I love it.

Oh yeah, the one on the roof of the flaming building?

That rifle is sweet.

"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

Ran into the antenna station with Grouse to start the Bloodsucker Lair mission. Hear a roar. Suddenly:

WHY

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 01:56:49 pm »

o yo is this at all related to People Soup?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/26/stalker-soup-narodnaya-solyanka/

That cave sure sounds familiar!

Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

Yeah, that's People Soup, I wonder how updated it's been since I last played it
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »

Installed a mod called AMK for SoC. Hard as fuck but it's fun. Only played up to the car park though.

Changes lots of stuff, info here: http://www.amk-team.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=480
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:11:53 pm by OctaneHugo »

Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/09/wuh-oh-gsc-stalker-2-dead/

Please say it isn't so...

EDIT: Well... so far all the evidence is pointing to this being true, it isn't definite yet but it looks like GSC is done for, I guess this means no STALKER 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-09-gsc-denies-stalker-2-cancelled-rumour

The latest update on that article confirms that GSC is closed and STALKER 2 is cancelled. Today is a sad day.

No wait, now the guy who said GSC is closed down is deleting his tweets some more and he is saying he never worked at GSC but he's listed as one of the main people at GSC and... basically I don't know what is happening, a lot of shit is flying around and no one knows what's going on
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:26:28 pm by Secone »
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »

why

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 06:59:28 pm »

If this is so I will send stalker off in style.

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/09/wuh-oh-gsc-stalker-2-dead/

Yep, I guess it looks official now, GSC is no more.

Here's to hoping that someone competent buys the rights and finishes STALKER 2, and well, does it well. Not very likely, I can't see someone other than GSC making a great STALKER game, but, I dunno... a man can dream...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:47:49 pm by Secone »
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 08:28:34 pm »

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalve

Pages: [1] 2  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: P.U.R.S.U.E.R.: Alert from Puchezh « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length