Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 07:53:07 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: Project Zomboid « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Project Zomboid  (Read 4812 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« on: May 30, 2011, 02:30:36 pm »

And the story that goes along with it.

Project Zomboid is an isometric survival-horror game revolving around the zombie apocalypse. It has lots of cool stuff like crafting. You can read more here and around their site.

More interesting are The Indie Stone's woes. Besides being screwed over by PayPal twice and Google Checkout acting like jerks, The Indie Stone also had their offices were also evacuated due to explosions

Then, a few days ago, Google Checkout told The Indie Stone they couldn't sell Project Zomboid through them anymore, because it "didn't exist". TIS weren't giving people the game once they purchased it, just guaranteeing access to it once it was finished. So, The Indie Stone went ahead and released 3 possible GOTY candidates: Droids, Stand On Top Of The Other Guy But Be Bigger, and Rock, Paper, SCIZZORZ. 5, 10 and 15 pounds each, and buying one gives you Project Zomboid for free (along with one of those masterpieces).

Of course, the story doesn't end there! Now the source code of Project Zomboid has been leaked via 4chan, which has spurred The Indie Stone to release the very early alpha build of the game for anyone who's bought it. I just did on the recommendation of RPS who says it's great.

A public demo will release in a few days. Until then, here you go.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Z3RO
ZM2 Developer

Smoke Geometry all day, Every Day.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:31 pm »

I guess I'll buy it.

We drag children off the streets, chain them up in the basement and whip them until they produce normal maps by hand. You know, the usual way.
Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »

Oh my, so hard to decide which one of those masterpieces of programming to buy!
Seriously, I laughed so hard at the descriptions, especially when I scrolled down to see RPS is text-only.
Those guys are brilliant!
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 06:26:11 am »

I decided to try out the pre-alpha a bit. For my first playthrough, I went along the tutorial that the RPS guy also followed, complete with setting the kitchen on fire. However, unlike the dumb RPS guy, I didn't set myself on fire, so I was able to to grab the wife and make it to the front door downstairs without injury. However however, what the RPS guy failed to mention is that the fire also sets off the fire alarm which, as you might expect, can draw some unwanted attention. Thus, my brave rescue ended up so:

For my second playthrough, I decided to mostly ignore the tutorial and just scavenge around. I found a ton of food at a nearby diner and a lot of whiskey, moldy bread, and a shotgun with ammo in a nearby house. Since the starting area gives you barricading materials right in the backyard shed, I figured I was pretty much set for the apocalypse. However, in the process of testing out the shotgun, I accidentally shot my wife:

A few minutes later, I sort of exploded for seemingly no reason at all while trying to eat a chocolate bar:

Anyway, clear GOTY material right here. I imagine the forthcoming demo will provide a better judgement of the current state of the project, though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:41:22 am by Marphy Black »

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:34 pm »

This looks pretty good. Will buy

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:14:25 am »

I hadn't considered this before, but since it's routinely done in Minecraft and Terraria, I wonder if modding could become feasible in Project Zomboid. It could really expand this game's potential. For example, check out this video the developers featured of some really cool guy's first early attempt at custom skinning:
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/the-best-thing-in-the-universe/

ninja

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:32:43 am »

I expect a Killing Floor mod within the week.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:05 am »

I am intrigued by this game

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:39 am »

I expect a Killing Floor mod within the week.
Wife: DOSHDOSHDOSHDOSH
Husband: DOSHDOSHDOSHDOSH
Zombies: Dooooshhhhhhh

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:58 pm »

anyone here having a google checkout account and willing to buy me this game when I paypal him the money? It looks really nice but I don't want to bother giving google my cc information

edit: I'm not patient enough for this, gonna buy it myself

editedit: ok I bought it, entered my username and pw and all I get is a black screen....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:15:19 pm by TheCze »

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »

It's a pretty common problem at the moment TheCze, they are trying to fix it and a bazillion other bugs, crashes, and assorted issues that have appeared after release.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »

I hadn't considered this before, but since it's routinely done in Minecraft and Terraria, I wonder if modding could become feasible in Project Zomboid. It could really expand this game's potential. For example, check out this video the developers featured of some really cool guy's first early attempt at custom skinning:
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/the-best-thing-in-the-universe/

ninja

God damnit, Marphy.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »

Well it finally worked (though I don't know why). Really nice so far, have not had the time to try it more then 2 times though.

Rook98
Build Tester

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 03:52:01 am »

Just got the game.

I followed the tutorial, killed the guy who breaks in, after that I got tired and couldn't sleep in any beds. I killed Kate with a pillow and slept in the house. I kept the back door unlocked and used it to get in and out, went to the diner, took all the food, ran home, injured my leg while killing zombies in my backyard. The next day I tried healing my leg and was successful. Later I ran to find more pain killers, took too long and night fell upon me. The zombies were everywhere, I tried getting home in time, ended up turning into a zombie after being swarmed in my backyard... My zombiefied character aimlessly walked around for a bit. Now I'm going to try again.

Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 06:43:38 am »

I felt invincible the moment I picked up a shotgun. I could just bottleneck the zombies in a doorway and blast away for a bit, providing there wasn't too many of them.

Quote from: Worbat
THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Tactiger9
Poster

Wait, wut?

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 07:41:55 am »

How do you get this game? Buying any of the little games?

One I dropped acid and blacked out, when I came around it turned out that I spent the last eighteen hours playing Silent Hill 3, beat it with a decent score actually.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 08:22:58 am »

yeah they had to do this because google refused to give them their money for donated pre purchases.

go to rps if you want to read the whole miserable story

axemen23
Poster

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:26:16 pm »

After 2 attempts i finally killed that dude with the damn shotgun, set out for some food with my trusty nail bat, but forgot if you dont sleep you cant see shit around you.

10:52 PM - Crazy Horse: axe just weeaboo'd so hard that he nearly teleported to japan
Rook98
Build Tester

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

The game got updated recently, it's got some more items in it, mainly new medicine, and they added the panic moodlet. Now your character panics when he sees zombies and if he panics too much he starts to hallucinate.

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 09:36:50 pm »

niiiiiiice

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: Project Zomboid « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length