Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 04:07:25 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content  |  Release and WIP  |  Topic: [WIP] Project City. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [WIP] Project City.  (Read 2735 times)
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:56 pm »

Hello everyone. A week ago I started on my new zm project. (Inspired by the movie "Battle Los Angeles".)
This is a 2 part project. And the first map is only 10-15% done. The map names: Rescue and Extraction.

The plot: A mid-size city was hit by a zombie plauge. Now it is being evacuated. Streets are being barricaded with concrete walls. The survivors start inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter - they are volounters who are assisting the military with the evacuation.
Your goal is to rescue a few survivors who are trapped in a police station a few blocks away from their landing zone. However, things aren't going as planned.

Progress:
zm_Rescue_v1 - 30%.
zm_Extraction_v1 - 0%
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:26:03 pm by Skull_Boy »
Dissident
Poster

Manic.

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:58 pm »

Please don't remove the HDR! Not sure about anyone else, but I love HDR and it makes everything beautiful. Also I like the walls with the fence ontop of them, they look right.
McViolent
ZM2 Admin

Boler's Bane

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »

What's wrong with the HDR? It looks awesome with it.
Dissident
Poster

Manic.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:55 am »

I hope to see more screenshots soon, I like how your maps feature helicopters (even if they can be buggy from time to time due to the limitations of brush based copters). Also on a side note, I really wish posts in the WIP/release child board would light up the new post notification by Custom Content.
Mehis
Poster

Extrude Error #9000: Plane pingas01 is too long.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:06:40 pm »

Very nice helicopter.

It's ok, but it totally needs 3d skybox.
And don't stretch the concrete floor texture. So, don't use that texture with those stripes. Just use simple concrete floor texture, it's enough good.
Don't remove HDR. Just use env_tonemap_controller to perfect it. Remember to build cubemaps to LDR and HDR.
Also, that little building or what ever it is, with vent texture roof looks ugly.
Too empty.

"...With my hands your skull I will beat,
Leave your carcass in the street."
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:58 pm »

Very nice helicopter.

It's ok, but it totally needs 3d skybox.
And don't stretch the concrete floor texture. So, don't use that texture with those stripes. Just use simple concrete floor texture, it's enough good.
Don't remove HDR. Just use env_tonemap_controller to perfect it. Remember to build cubemaps to LDR and HDR.
Also, that little building or what ever it is, with vent texture roof looks ugly.
Too empty.

Did you read my first post? It's nowhere near finished. I will add a 3D skybox.
I'll experiment with the conrete texture. The makeshift military shack is fine.  (Besides I can always change it later.)
LDR and HDR cubemaps ARE built I'm surprised that you did not noitce that :O
YES I know that it's emtpy. I already added lamp posts and decals.
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:25 pm »

Constructive critisism are welcome!
-Very nice helicopter.
-totally needs 3d skybox.
-don't stretch the concrete floor texture.
-don't use that texture with those stripes.
-use simple concrete floor texture
-Don't remove HDR.
-use env_tonemap_controller to perfect it.
-Remember to build cubemaps to LDR and HDR.
-that little building or what ever it is, with vent texture roof looks ugly.
-Too empty.
OMG HOW DARE YOU GIVE MY MAP CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, IT'S NOT DONE!

Kind of hypocritical if you ask me. The concept is nice though. I always liked open spaced maps where the ZM had to concentrate on an area, more ways to play the map.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »

I didn't say that. (Unless someone brainwashed me.)

And he was right with the vent texture thing. (I posted the screenshot to my friend and he want: OMGWTF IS THIS TEXTURE, MY EYES AAARGGH!!!)

And I don't like when pepole assume that I'm not going to to do that and that. (I'm a bit grumpy xD.)

I'll post an update in a few hours.

Also: If the LDR and HDR cubemaps weren't build, you would get a serious case of "eyerape" when you look at that screenshot.

EDIT: I'll be gone for two weeks. But I will still take my laptop with me so I can map in offline mode. Aperently I won't have internet access.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:37:15 pm by Skull_Boy »
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:11 am »

Alright. After a week of offline mapping. This is the result: http://imageshack.us/g/7/zmrescuev10002.jpg/
Added a 3D skybox with a fitting fog.
It's a coast city.
There map is ~30% done.
Changed the ammo shack roof texture, everyone hated the old one xD.

SO. Here's a few things about this map:
The map has 3 randomized paths to the PST. The Streets. (Currently working on.) 3 Warehouses. (Only one done, it's still a wip, needs stuff inside.) And the Sewers. (Not started yet.)
Nice custom soundscapes, fog, HDR, nice 3D skybox.

How does it look so far? ^^
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 12:54:47 pm »

Update! (I hope someone notices this one.)
 I've experimented with env_smokestacks to make the city look like it's burining, but I think I have to decrease the wind speed, 'cause the smoke goes too far.

Added a little makeshift barricade inside the first warehouse. (This will be a 1 or 2 min defence stage.)

Alley between warehouse 1 and 2.

The interior of warehouse 2. (This will be a scavenge stage.)

Some snaps from the finished motel:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:52:57 pm by Skull_Boy »
Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:16 pm »

Put [img][img] around your image links.
[img]http://yourimagelocationhere.jpg[img]
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

It worked!!
Yes!!! Yes!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:16:10 pm by Skull_Boy »
Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »

...because the urls you used don't work as they are not the image location, go to imageshack,rightclick the pic and choose "copy image address" (or similar, my Firefox is German Tongue)

Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »

Yesterday I started working on the sewers.
The stairwell to the sewers:

And the sewer tunnel with one part caved in:

The water texture probably looks weird because I forgot to add cubemaps to this part of the map.
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

Experimenting with a new lighting scheme + rain. I also removed the smokestacks because they were too glitchy.

Should I keep this or the previous lighting scheme?
Dissident
Poster

Manic.

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

I don't mind dull and overcast.
Justin Bieber
Poster

Rebecca & Me, Down for Fame

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 07:06:42 am »

Skull boy, I watch you sleep every night. It's beautiful. I masturbate to it. I know where you are, and I'll be back.

Cool map you got here.  Grin Grin Looking forward to it. I like the newer lighting scheme, gives the map more of a unique feel.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:10:40 am by Justin Bieber »

Quote from: Scrap.est
I love your work Justin
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:04:48 pm »

I just bumped into a very annoying bug in my map:
It's raining inside the second warehouse even though there is no func_precipitation trigger inside it, only outside and above it.

Help!!!
Dissident
Poster

Manic.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:22 pm »

Rain isn't only contained to the area occupied by the brush entity. It falls somewhat lower, so hopefully raising the func_precipitation up higher will fix this.
Skull_Boy
Poster

I'm in space.

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

I changed the lighting yet again. Here are the screenshots I took when I first tested this:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skullboyzomsu/screenshot/595820175228976184?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skullboyzomsu/screenshot/595820175228972303?tab=public
I made the light posts light up when night comes. The shadows during the day are too dark so I'll make those brighter.

Here's the big surpirse: The map will have a night mode feature, meaning that once the survivors reach the police station, they will have to defend it 'till nightfall (3-4 minutes).

Credit for the idea goes to Hannibal [SPA] a famous CSS Zombie Escape mapper.

I am also trying to make this map as spooky as I can. >smile I hope you will like this idea.
Pages: [1] 2  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content  |  Release and WIP  |  Topic: [WIP] Project City. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length