Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 10:14:46 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content  |  Release and WIP  |  Topic: [WIP] zm_aamu « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [WIP] zm_aamu  (Read 4248 times)
Mehis
Poster

Extrude Error #9000: Plane pingas01 is too long.

« on: July 28, 2011, 05:08:42 pm »

It's morning. You can smell the fresh air, but something doesn't feel right. It's too quiet...
Something is going on...

The name 'aamu' means morning in Finnish.

Before saying anything about cityflood, it had terrible fps problems and was buggy. So, forget it.

This project i won't quit!

[60%]

Main objectives: For the first three minutes, you are defending your house against zombies. This 'part' has wave system, so ZM can't spam infinite amount of zombies.
After three minutes, you are being overrun and you escape to the sewers.
There, you are trying to press on further into the sewers. Meanwhile investigating, you found out that somewhere in the sewers, there's a bunker. Survivors fight to the end to only find out that the whole bunker personnel is dead or turned into zombies. There, you fight the final boss and lock him into a room. And so begins next chapter...

Yes, i know that mountain is too high. Fixing that fog too.

I might be still editing the post while you're reading this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:12:05 pm by Mehis »

"...With my hands your skull I will beat,
Leave your carcass in the street."
Devil Mudger
Poster

Bah Humbug

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:28 pm »

Looks very nice. Can't wait!

www.ZombieSurvivalists.com - ZomSu
ZombieSurvivalists.com | No Upgrades | United Kingdom  -  213.5.180.85:27015
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:32:35 pm »

If this map was a guy it would be clean cut and shaven wearing a formal suit. Perty!

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Mehis
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:49:03 pm »

Update!

Some new pictures and progress.

Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »

Looking nice, but could you make at least the right mountain less pointy ?
;P
Mehis
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »

Update!

Finally! I have been working on other projects too, like Amnesia.
The rooms are too dark, so I had to use flashlight to make any sense from them. You still can't see all...
I wish I could show all the details, but I would just spoil the fun playing it. Tongue

Going to work on that destroyed ceiling next.

Also, if anybody is interested, I use this soundtrack for ambient music in the sewers. Yes, it's from Penumbra! Grin
Unfortunately, the quality is crap like that. I do have the original file with much more better quality, but I cannot 'optimize' it without fucking the sounds up.
All credits for the song to Frictional Games, Mikko Tarmia. Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diu4ycnqjp4

Ends at 2:05. Very creepy.

Devil Mudger
Poster

Bah Humbug

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »

Yay!

www.ZombieSurvivalists.com - ZomSu
ZombieSurvivalists.com | No Upgrades | United Kingdom  -  213.5.180.85:27015
skankdragon
ZM2 Developer

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 01:52:54 am »

For the mountains, you might actually want to consider making some low-poly mountain models. You could get a higher displacement definition at less of a resource cost, and more customization as far as the textures go.

For the song, what format are you trying to convert to? You know you can use .mp3's in source, but they can't be looped sounds. If you aren't going to loop the song you should convert it to .mp3 and thereby avert losing to much quality. A lengthy high-quality .wav is going to be a large file, so try using .mp3.

The map looks very nice, keep working on it please! You should also try using color correction for the sewers, make a color_correction_volume so it's darker and therefore scarier down there. Again, keep it up, looks like you have a good thing going.

Also: a few custom textures here and there can add a personal touch to the level. Have you considered making your own signs and such, maybe replacing cafe baltic with 'cafe aamu' or 'cafe mehis.'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:11:20 am by skankdragon »

Maps: zm_blackswamp, zm_cagefight, zm_diamondshoals, zm_Fridgeofdoom, zm_ballworks

currently working on: ZM_diamondshoals_beta1, zm_deepnorth_a1
Mehis
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:51 am »

For the mountains, you might actually want to consider making some low-poly mountain models. You could get a higher displacement definition at less of a resource cost, and more customization as far as the textures go.

For the song, what format are you trying to convert to? You know you can use .mp3's in source, but they can't be looped sounds. If you aren't going to loop the song you should convert it to .mp3 and thereby avert losing to much quality. A lengthy high-quality .wav is going to be a large file, so try using .mp3.

The map looks very nice, keep working on it please! You should also try using color correction for the sewers, make a color_correction_volume so it's darker and therefore scarier down there. Again, keep it up, looks like you have a good thing going.

Also: a few custom textures here and there can add a personal touch to the level. Have you considered making your own signs and such, maybe replacing cafe baltic with 'cafe aamu' or 'cafe mehis.'

No, I'm not going to add more custom stuff inside the map. I'm trying to keep it small file size as possible. That's why I convert the song to .wav. But, it doesn't matter, you can't really make difference between the qualities. I don't wanna add CC yet, I want to finish the map first.

skankdragon
ZM2 Developer

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 12:04:15 am »

Understandable. You can get more quality per mb out of an mp3 than a .wav though. When you're talking about a 1-2 minute file, .mp3 is a better bet. And when you're talking about a few custom textures here and there, you're looking at about 2-3 extra MB. Throw in a custom model with a texture, add another 3 mb. The largest part of the model is the texture. So, you can keep file size down and get some custom stuff in there as well. When the map is bspzipped the difference really isn't all that bad.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:06:28 am by skankdragon »

Maps: zm_blackswamp, zm_cagefight, zm_diamondshoals, zm_Fridgeofdoom, zm_ballworks

currently working on: ZM_diamondshoals_beta1, zm_deepnorth_a1
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content  |  Release and WIP  |  Topic: [WIP] zm_aamu « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length