Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 10:05:46 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Kickstarter « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kickstarter  (Read 3479 times)
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« on: March 15, 2012, 02:43:44 pm »

So after Tim Schafers spectacular project, everybody should be aware of the crowd funding plattform Kickstarter.

I thought it might be nice if we had a topic dedicated to it and interesting projects on it.

Here are the projects I am currently funding:

Wasteland 2
Brian Fargo was successfull to collect his necessary 900.000$ within 48 hours. Yet, more funding (probably?) means a better end product so why don't you give a few bucks to see a real old school rpg game again?

Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light is a roguelike game, inspired by the board game Space Alert. You are in control of the crew on one single ship that faces dangers in outer space.

Hardcore Tactical Shooter
HC-TS is a project by one of the main heads behind tactical shooter games like Ghost Recon. The plan is do create a new tactical shooter game that is not watered down to fit the expectations of the mainstream market. Unfortunately, it does not seem like it will be funded so why don't you chip in a few bucks?

The Ant Experiment
The devs want to create an MMO in which every player controls a single ant within a colony. As an ant-fan myself this sounds really cool and interesting imo, however with only 69 backers so far the world seems to think differently.

So what projects are you guys funding? This also is not only for videogame fundings, feel free to post interesting projects of any kind.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:35:40 pm »

Hardcore Tactical Shooter
HC-TS is a project by one of the main heads behind tactical shooter games like Ghost Recon. The plan is do create a new tactical shooter game that is not watered down to fit the expectations of the mainstream market. Unfortunately, it does not seem like it will be funded so why don't you chip in a few bucks?
To be more specific, the team for this includes the original devs from both Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. It could be amazing.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:02 pm »

I can not in on any of this because lol not accepting Paypal and me not living in the USA/having a credit card.
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:43 pm »

I'm already funding FTL. The squad shooter and ant MMO really don't pique my interest. But seeing as Wasteland was somewhat of a spiritual predecessor to Fallout, is it worth funding? How is the gameplay?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:39:51 pm by Emo Panda »
Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

"Used Furniture Salesmen"

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:58:08 pm »

Yeah there are so many FPS games, even though he has a great pedigree, with the new counterstrike comming out it's really hard for me to see what makes it great. Like he's really vague when describing it.

So she just lays on her back and shatters the zombie's skull with a 50 caliber newborn baby.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »

Thankfully Hardcore Tactical Shooter is getting some more press coverage now:
http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/subsaint_blog/archive/2012/03/14/hardcore-tactical-shooter-the-unknown-kickstarter-project.aspx

Yeah there are so many FPS games...
But there are no more really tactical shooter games, like the old Rainbow Six titles e.g.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »

Funding most of those at the moment.

Also funding this http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/230165553/game-history-book-high-score-3rd-edition
Used to have the first version a long time ago and I'd love a new one. Currently it's struggling but it still has 18 days left.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from: Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:24 pm »

Looks good but does not say anything about international shipping....

Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 09:49:56 pm »

I feel bad for the tactical shooter guy, 63,000 out of 200,000. I think he would do better if he had at least some kind of demo or something to show off.

So she just lays on her back and shatters the zombie's skull with a 50 caliber newborn baby.
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:07 pm »

I feel bad for the tactical shooter guy, 63,000 out of 200,000. I think he would do better if he had at least some kind of demo or something to show off.

The Wasteland 2 one shows almost nothing, and the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter showed very little. Yet both are/were highly successful funded. I do agree with you, but it's all word of mouth and support from popular people that counts in the end. Especially with insanely high funding goals.

Though it could be because it's a FPS, squad game.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:44 am »

The guy wants to make a hardcore tactical squad shooter yet he lists Halo Reach as one of his defining game projects. That certainly isn't going to instill faith in the consumers.

He also mentions "Tom Clancy games" as part of his resume. For the old school crowd yearning for a proper game, this would immediately bring to mind the original Rainbow Six which he specifically mentions on the Kickstarter page. If not the Rainbow Six series, he could at least be referring to the original Ghost Recon. However, his credits as lead designer on a Tom Clancy title actually only begin with Ghost Recon 2, a console-only third person shooter. That's pretty misleading.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 03:54:45 pm »

Brian Fargo wants to Kick it forward

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »

So Hardcore Tactical Shooter is now called Takedown and has released more info about the game. There are still 6 days left to this so I encourage everyone of you to chip in a few bucks and spread the world so this thing will be reality.

Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:26 pm »

And so it comes to pass that Takedown is revealed to be nothing more than a copyright infringing fraud:
http://industrywatchdog.blogspot.com/2012/03/takedown-copyright-infringement.html

Would you offer your money to fund such underhanded tactics?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:21:52 pm by Marphy Black »

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »

And so it comes to pass that Takedown is revealed to be nothing more than a copyright infringing fraud:
http://industrywatchdog.blogspot.com/2012/03/takedown-copyright-infringement.html

I always wonder if people who make these kind of fuckups really think "Hey, only the entire world can access my page. I wonder if someone will find out if I plagiarized something? Naah probably not, fuck it"

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Psycho Fox
Poster

The only Austrian ZM mapper.

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »

Brian Fargp & Co. have already raised over 1.6 million USD for WAsteland 2, if they reach 2.1 million, they will get OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT on board Grin
Btw, you can pay via Paypal on their site if you can't use kickstarter due to not having a credit card or  not living in the USA.
Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:05:57 pm »

we must give them the monies, ALL THE MONIES!

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

Ehm, yes I would.
Why would you say that the whole project is a "copyright infringind fraud"? The dev said that he hired someone to do the graphics, so that guy obviously is to blame.
Or are you being sarcastic? o_O

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 05:21:36 pm »

6 hours left and Takedown needs only 26.000 $ more, come on people!

Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »

oh fuck he made it. well shit.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Kickstarter « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length