Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 07:04:04 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Help setting up my server? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help setting up my server?  (Read 714 times)
Rares4life
Poster

« on: September 23, 2012, 09:36:49 pm »

Hey guys, I am a long time TTT player and finally decided I had to have my own server after my regular one closed down. I may have got a little over zealous and already purchased the 24 slot server without thinking about how to set her up. I got it from Elpis Host and I am at a total lost on how to go from the initial setup to running my own TTT server. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a total noob when it comes to this and I apologize in advance for that. Currently the server is running sandbox on flatgrass and I don't know how to go from here.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:37:38 am by Rares4life »
Buah
Poster

Private TTT ftw

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:17:12 pm »

First, install CSS content. Idk how gmod hosts work, but if you have to do things via command line and ftp, install css normally and then copy cstrike folder from css folder to orange box folder.
After that, download TTT v28: http://ttt.badking.net/releases/troubleinterroristtownv28 and extract it to orangebox/garrysmod/gamemodes. It should replace old terrortown folder and it's contents.

After that, adding "sv_defaultgamemode terrortown" (w/o quotes) to autoexec.cfg (in cfg folder) should force server to run terrortown gamemode. This should be enough to get the server run latest TTT. If you run into any problems, search these forums (or facepunch) before asking, because most questions already have many answers.

Rares4life
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:09:44 pm »

You guys will probably hate me for asking this, but where can I find a basic list of admin commands? Thanks to my server host, other posts on these forums and the gentlemen above, I've been able to get everything working. I just know it won't be long before I have to use them for RDM'ers etc and I'd like to know how to do it from in game. Thanks a ton for your patience guys.

Figured it out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:43:41 pm by Rares4life »
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Help setting up my server? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length