Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:53:24 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT Plugin, Maps and Setting Advice « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TTT Plugin, Maps and Setting Advice  (Read 3269 times)
Pezmc
Poster

« on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »

Hi all,

So I've been trying to get a TTT server set up for our Uni (am part of the gaming society). Have been going alright so far and have been resolving problems as I hit them.

I currently have; ttt starting when you boot the server, the fretta voting working so you vote for maps at the end of the round and ttt staying.

Now I was wondering what advice other server admins/users would have for plugins or settings?
Also what would you consider "must have maps?"

I see lots of people with "Jihad Bomb", "Custom Weapons" and "Prop Shop"; where are these from, is there a repo?

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:21:54 pm by Pezmc »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

If you're running in a LAN environment then you're unlikely to need say an admin mod, but maybe just get ulx incase you want to force change the map or something. No major settings needed to be changed to be honest, it depends on what you like you can run haste mode to make things a bit more tense (again thinking LAN setting) and various other things can be tweaked it's really what you like.

There are loads of maps that get lots of attention such as 67th way but again it's mostly matter of opinion and as such i wouldn't know what to recommend. I host a bunch of maps over @ http://www.thehiddennation.com/maplistttt these update when the SNG servers update.

Jihad Bomb and various things like that are custom coded by people, although jihad is likely very easy to find and use most others will probably be broken with a tiny problem that's typically easy to fix. But i don't have a stored up area of any of these (i probably should but you know without making myself not many will just give me code for cool sweps).

Same again for any kind of "prop shop" or mask shop, hat shot, trail shop whatever kind of shop someone has implemented all custom by the server owners. Some might be publicly available some might not but this is a matter of tireless searching more so then anything else, you can find a bunch of stuff working or not over @ http://www.garrysmod.org as i said not everything will be working/ very good.

SNGaming.org | Thehiddennation.com
Pezmc
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:01:36 am »

Thanks for the info, we'll be running the server online so I think an admin mod might be of use, would you recommend ULX?

The maps link seems useful, is there any way to log people voting for maps so over time you could get an idea of the most popular things?

How do I go about custom coding my own jihad/prop shop, surely someone must have their own copy online

For jihad I only found http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=112633 which appears to funcition differently from how most servers have it set up
(they have it's like a c4 you can detonate but blows up after 2/3 seconds with a screaming sound)
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:54:34 am »

Gametracker.com stores data regarding maps for lots of servers, so find TTT servers and look at the more popular maps there, here is 1 of the servers i help maintain: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.119.70:27016 showing a few maps on the right hand side. (it's mostly others as we have loads of maps).

This isn't as accurate as you might like but it will do perfectly fine. ULX is a fine mod for 1 server to manage, multiple servers would require a better database driven ban system. ULX is used as a backup system for the current servers i maintain as well as the MOTD (although that could be replaced with simple lua).

I'm sure there are copies floating around but i don't know where they are stored and if avaliable, they're as i said mostly the property of communities and as such not often floating around for free. Jihad though as an example i'm sure has been posted in this very forum more then once, just search around here maybe? you will get most if not all the code for the Jihad from around this forum.

Pezmc
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:44 pm »

Great sounds good, one question how do you change how many maps fretta shows?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 05:29:23 pm »

Great sounds good, one question how do you change how many maps fretta shows?

What do you mean? As in how many maps show up in the voting system? that depends on how many maps you have, it will load all of your maps into the voting table. If you wish to limit this by say taking out maps with css_ or dm_ there is a small list of the prefixes that TTT looks for in the info.txt found directly within your terrortown gamemode folder.

Other methods such as only showing a limited pool of your map collection seems pointless but would essentially require you to change the lua code that fetches all the maps and rather change it to fetching x amount.

Using the info.txt you could create a list of maps which you want to play and only play those while keeping the fretta vote system but that seems pointless and you're better off just deleting unwanted maps.

Pezmc
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:37:05 am »

Hi Handy Man, yes, it looks like some servers don't list all their maps (as in I've seen some maps missing that I know that server has in the list)

Thanks for the info.txt hint, have set that up!

Ideally I'd like it to shuffle the maps and just choose say 10 of them! Will look into it
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT Plugin, Maps and Setting Advice « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length