Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 10:28:16 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: How To Install « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: How To Install  (Read 72627 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« on: April 24, 2007, 07:53:20 pm »

Installing is, in theory, simple:

0. Make sure what Steam calls "Source SDK Base" is installed. It will most likely download automatically though. This mod base is included with all Valve Source-based games. For an up to date list, see this page at the Steam store.

Note that you can reportedly not play mods, including ZM, if you have received HL2DM through the ATI promotion. Only bought games come with the Source SDK Base, which you need for mods.

1. Download the newest ZM full installer, and the patch to the latest version if there is one.

2. Follow the installer's directions. Your Steam installation's "SourceMods" directory should be detected automatically, but you may have to specify it manually if that's not the case.

When the installation is completed successfully, you should end up with a directory called "zombie_master" in your "SourceMods" directory, eg: X:\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\zombie_master

3. If there is a patch of a newer version than the main installer you downloaded, install/extract it into "SourceMods" as well, overwriting whatever it wants to.

4. Restart Steam, and play. Alternatively, ask more information with regards to the install process here on the forums.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:15:06 pm by theGreenBunny »
XeroRecoil
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:18:35 pm »

u no u could easly make a installer or i could do it?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 06:20:02 am »

We are looking at installers. Last time we tried one it randomly failed to work for some people, so we want to make sure it works properly this time around.
ExisM
Poster

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 06:57:30 am »

Installers are convenient as you have said, but like TGB said often people get even more problems with them.

There is really no problems to be had with the drag and drop system, i dunno how people cant work it out...

If its too much of a hassle for people to navigate to the folder all the time, make a shortcut to it on your desktop..

quote="AndyBano"]Hey guys Cheesy be sure to give my ass a good zombie eating lol =] l8ers[/quote] .....errr
Ardbug
Poster

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 07:27:46 am »

Not everyone is DLing through the front page, and many never read forums, so I bet there are quite a few out there who still havent figured out where to put the files, since there is no readme.txt explaining it, at least I couldnt make sense of the readme attached to the download. You guys should put a simple install.txt file in the .zip file, so all those who cannot find the path, may find it smile
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:44:49 am »

Next time we're having a simple self-extracting installer. People will only have to config modify the path to SourceMods to fit their Steam install. I've also copied the above explanation into an install.txt as suggested, for those who get the zip version.
Capt. Rhodes
Poster

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »

Ok, so I downloaded the installer from the main page I put in the SeamApps/sorcemods and installed it but I can't figerout how to run it.  The game does not show up on the list when I open Steam.  What did I do wrong?

hen all else fails...NUKE IT!

I'm running this monkey farm now!
Angry Lawyer
Administrator

Doctor Monocular

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »

Did you use the full installer?  1.0.2?

Look inside your sourcemods folder.  Is there something called zombie_master in there?

-Angry Lawyer

Quote from: jim adkins
you just do what generations of rockers have done before... stay mildly drunk the whole time
Capt. Rhodes
Poster

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 07:35:39 pm »

Found folder "Zombie_Master" the contents of said folder:

[removed screenshot]

Angry Lawyer
Administrator

Doctor Monocular

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:40:15 pm »

Well, there's no reason it shouldn't work.  Unless you don't have HL2DM on your machine.

-Angry Lawyer

Quote from: jim adkins
you just do what generations of rockers have done before... stay mildly drunk the whole time
Capt. Rhodes
Poster

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 08:26:29 pm »

Man I feel stupid!  I reset my PC and lo-and-behold there it was!

Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 09:49:46 pm »

You probably could have just restarted Steam.

IrejectNumbers1
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 12:43:26 am »

Sorry, but what are "Source SDK Base" and HL2DM? I just got this link from a friend to this game, it looks great and all but I've never played steam before. I know I have the folder in the right place.
Ennui
Poster

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 01:00:52 am »

Do you own Half-Life 2?

How long can you thwart the Zombie Master?
IrejectNumbers1
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 01:01:42 am »

Nope, never bought it.
Ennui
Poster

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 01:02:51 am »

That's a problem.  Zombie Master is a mod of Half-Life 2, which means that HL2 is required to play it.  Apparently your friend neglected to mention that.

Still, HL2 is worth the purchase, so if you have $20 you're itching to spend...

IrejectNumbers1
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 01:07:31 am »

So is the 10$ DM mod necessary too?
Ennui
Poster

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 01:15:41 am »

HL2DM comes free with HL2, or at least it used to.  All you need I think is HL2DM really, because it uses that code, plus the Source SDK Base, but that's free with any Source game I think.

I'm not sure, I've owned all of this stuff for a really long time and it might be different now.

Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:55 am »

Quote from: "IrejectNumbers1"
So is the 10$ DM mod necessary too?

All you need is HL2, DM should come free
DM is also free if you have an ATI card
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 08:30:11 am »

The HL2DM that comes with an ATI card does not let you play mods, apparently.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: How To Install « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length