Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 03:47:19 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Changing weapon models « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing weapon models  (Read 1648 times)
Soraka
Poster

« on: November 09, 2008, 09:28:36 pm »

Hello everyone.
I've been trying to put some weapons from Half life 2 - Substance into Zombie master.
I've put all the model and texture file of the weapons,changed the name,made backups and stuff,but when i see a weapon,its still the original one,and when i pick it up,im not holding a weapon at all (invisible). Could someone maybe help me in how to properly do it, thanks.
Werewolf
Poster

Sealed Suit > Gasmask

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »

I think they have to be compiled for the mod specifically to work. It's some sort of pathing thing in the model files, IIRC.

I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far.
Soraka
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:18 pm »

The model types and stuff are the same, i accidently overwrit them in Garry's mod and they show up perfectly there, so there must be something i'm doing wrong.
Werewolf
Poster

Sealed Suit > Gasmask

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:26:14 pm »

Garry's Mod is not ZM.

I tried fucking about with renaming player models and that didn't work and Marphy explained it as something I'd have to edit with some sort of model thingy...I forget the wording as it was a while back.

But the point is just renaming will not replace here. Not for models, anyways.

I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far.
markfu
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:09:08 am »

decompiling and recompiling?

Its a lead up to the upcoming map zm_cock that allows you to literally 'donkey-punch' zombies into submission using a new C.A.T.S. combat system which makes the zombies shit out m16s and ammo boxes and spraycans when killed with a finishing move.
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:55 am »

I'm guessing that if they're a mod of the same weapon, it will work. Otherwise no.

However the fact that you note that 'it's still the original' seems to me like you messed up the path of the model.

Read it again, yeah, you need to recompile it properly for ZM.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Soraka
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:04:44 pm »

Thanks for the reply's, Is there anywhere i can read/find the way to properly recompile it in the form of a guide or something, i've tried searching, maybe wrong, cause i didnt find anything. Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Changing weapon models « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length