Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 11:44:02 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A few questions... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 2379 times)
.Merios
Poster

Purging the corrupt since 1990.

« on: November 28, 2008, 12:39:38 am »

I'm sure there are other threads similar to this one, and I don't think it belongs in the Sugestions board either because I'm not suggesting anything.

So.

Why doesn't ZM have it's own Zombie Master Windows Dedicated Server download, but it does have a linux one?

Why doesn't ZM appear in the "Recently Played" list on Steam, does it not register as an actual game? (ZP did)

Why doesn't anyone play the redqueen.b3fix map? I've only seen one server ever play it. It's the best version personally, including the chopper and so many more relevant objects.

What makes people want to use the Revolver over the Pistol?

Why do people who play as the ZM think they HAVE to win each time they play? A one-armed retarded monkey with two fingers can win at ZM. I've heard people saying "I'll spawn whatever I want, whatever it takes for me to win." Blargh, you don't NEED to win, you gets more points for KEEPING IT GOING but still giving the survivors a hard time.

Blah, there you go. Read it and reply, or there may be violence in the future. ^_^

Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:44:36 am »

Why doesn't ZM appear in the "Recently Played" list on Steam, does it not register as an actual game? (ZP did)

ZM hasnt been implemented into the steamworks system yet, meaning ZP has valve backing and ZM is just another mod in the bunch.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:21:10 am »

1. dunno
2. look at the post before mine
3. Personally I wont play it, from what I understand it was created without permission of the original author
4. It cuts through a hulk better IMO
5. Because their stupid.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

No longer staring into souls.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:52:29 am »

Oh god, the avatar makes me think you're eeny.

This is not okay.
I almost raped you right there, like I was this close to raping you.

You have no idea.

Quote from: korea-people
Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
Quote from: maxnose
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
Stakhanov
Poster

Burn , you insolent fools !

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 05:22:32 am »

I'd say there are very few competent zombie masters out there. What most players do is spawn a few irrelevant shamblers , then hulks and banshees over and over until survivors die. Very few are capable of winning with shamblers.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 07:11:46 am »

Oh god, the avatar makes me think you're eeny.

This is not okay.
I almost raped you right there, like I was this close to raping you.

You have no idea.

Rape him anyway?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 08:08:46 am »

Why doesn't ZM have it's own Zombie Master Windows Dedicated Server download, but it does have a linux one?
The SourceMod files are the Server files.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 11:28:44 am »

1. The Windows installer is for players and for dedicated servers. Technically we could make a separate Windows DS package, but that would be identical to the installer with a couple of files removed.

The other ones have pretty much been answered.
Werewolf
Poster

Sealed Suit > Gasmask

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:40:53 pm »

ZP:S has Steamworks. If you play a mod like, say, Empires, you'll notice it doesn't do this either.

Why doesn't anyone play the redqueen.b3fix map? I've only seen one server ever play it. It's the best version personally, including the chopper and so many more relevant objects.

Apparently it was created without the author's permission and is a fairly obscure version to begin with. 

What makes people want to use the Revolver over the Pistol?

The revolver is sexy and new. Also keeps hulk rape at bay due to the secondary fire. With good aim you can rape banshees too.

Why do people who play as the ZM think they HAVE to win each time they play? A one-armed retarded monkey with two fingers can win at ZM. I've heard people saying "I'll spawn whatever I want, whatever it takes for me to win." Blargh, you don't NEED to win, you gets more points for KEEPING IT GOING but still giving the survivors a hard time.

Why do people who play as survivors they they HAVE to win each time they play?

The ZM's job is to kill the shit out of you. Shitty ZMs do this by spamming - great ones do this by setting up elaborate traps that make you curse his name as banshees drop from the ceiling of the safe room and tear your throat out.

Are the zombies in ZPS there to entertain you? No, they're there to kill the fuck out of you. The same is true of the ZM - only he's every zombie at once.

Either get better or stop playing on shitty one-sided maps.

I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far.
.Merios
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:55:01 am »

1. The Windows installer is for players and for dedicated servers. Technically we could make a separate Windows DS package, but that would be identical to the installer with a couple of files removed.

The other ones have pretty much been answered.

Not sure what you meant by that, but I think I may have misunderstood what I even said.

What I meant, was that I originally though that ZM had a "Dedicated Server" download, similar to SRCDS, but it's only available in Linux. I think now my question is a bit broader, asking why there isn't a "Zombie Master Dedicated Server" like there is for other HL2 mods. I'm guessing because it's not Valve/Steam backed?

Why do people who play as survivors they they HAVE to win each time they play?

The ZM's job is to kill the shit out of you. Shitty ZMs do this by spamming - great ones do this by setting up elaborate traps that make you curse his name as banshees drop from the ceiling of the safe room and tear your throat out.

Are the zombies in ZPS there to entertain you? No, they're there to kill the fuck out of you. The same is true of the ZM - only he's every zombie at once.

Either get better or stop playing on shitty one-sided maps.

Why insult me? What do you get out of it, pleasure? I did nothing to you. Anyway, to talk civilly, the ZM, at any time, can spam everything in their power, including banshees, hulks, everything and not even use traps at all and just kill everyone horribly using spam and say they're "fucking epic" because they "have to do anything they can" to kill you. You're backing that? So you're saying you're one of the crappy ZM's who just spam to win and not make it fun for the survivors? I have a feeling I have to keep repeating myself...

OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:08:33 am »

Not sure what you meant by that, but I think I may have misunderstood what I even said.

What I meant, was that I originally though that ZM had a "Dedicated Server" download, similar to SRCDS, but it's only available in Linux. I think now my question is a bit broader, asking why there isn't a "Zombie Master Dedicated Server" like there is for other HL2 mods. I'm guessing because it's not Valve/Steam backed?
The windows installer for the client is the same as the server. The sourcemod files essentially contain all you need for the server.

There's linux server files as you can't run ZM on linux natively, but you can run a server.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 08:44:25 am »

When you say "Zombie Master Dedicated Server", it sounds like you're talking about an entry in your Steam games list that says that. It's correct that we don't get that as we are not distributed over Steam by Valve. You can still run Windows dedicated servers using the generic Source Dedicated Server through Steam with the correct settings (eg. with -game "zombie_master" in its launch options), assuming that it is installed.
Tactiger9
Poster

Wait, wut?

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:57 pm »

Why insult me? What do you get out of it, pleasure? I did nothing to you. Anyway, to talk civilly, the ZM, at any time, can spam everything in their power, including banshees, hulks, everything and not even use traps at all and just kill everyone horribly using spam and say they're "fucking epic" because they "have to do anything they can" to kill you. You're backing that? So you're saying you're one of the crappy ZM's who just spam to win and not make it fun for the survivors? I have a feeling I have to keep repeating myself...

Yeah, pretty sure you didn't read his post quite right.

One I dropped acid and blacked out, when I came around it turned out that I spent the last eighteen hours playing Silent Hill 3, beat it with a decent score actually.
.Merios
Poster

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 09:50:58 pm »

Read his post again. I'm not going to start a flame fest over it, my questions have been answered by the actual people who matter here- the others were just sarcastic and said stupid shit to get their post count up.

Lockage please?
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A few questions... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length