Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 10:09:12 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The first upgrade servers... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The first upgrade servers...  (Read 3088 times)
IHOP ness
Poster

« on: February 14, 2009, 06:52:40 am »

Well, i thought i'd share a bit about the first upgrade server that was put up about 1 1/2 year ago i believe.
I was one if the admins for the server itself, and the creater of the upgrade server was Wiebbe.
Basically, he made the upgrades as a new fun thing to try in ZM, and try to get people to come to his servers to play.
What we didn't expect was for people to copy the upgrade codes and use them in their own servers.
After other upgrade servers started popping up, i took a break from ZM for around 4 months, and came back to see that almost all servers were now "Upgrade" servers, and barely any Vanilla servers. Wiebbe has left playing ZM and started to make Mods for other games, and I quickly realized how bad the Upgrade idea has gone, and stopped playing.
I thought i would shed a bit of light on the whole Upgrade thing from my personal memory.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 07:01:21 am »

Well thanks. It's interesting hearing from the other side of the upgrades fence.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from: Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:01:48 am »

Upgrades stopped being a problem when 1.2.0 killed the plugin.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:30:50 am »

Yay, internet drama.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 11:46:18 am »

That is as sarge said quite interesting.

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
MOSH-PO-TAY-TO
Poster

Disco Disco.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:18:29 pm »

I approve of this post. It shows that people who create evil, evil things, still have a heart.

In a shameless act of self promotion Skeleton's Bone Pile - Australian Killing Floor Community.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:59 pm »

I approve of this post. It shows that people who create evil, evil things, still have a heart.

Just not a brain.
Tactiger9
Poster

Wait, wut?

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 02:09:31 pm »

Or artificial emotion chips.

One I dropped acid and blacked out, when I came around it turned out that I spent the last eighteen hours playing Silent Hill 3, beat it with a decent score actually.
Penguinizer
Poster

Protection from trolls

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:43:54 pm »

Milo has no emotion.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 06:22:23 pm »

Or artificial emotion chips.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
IHOP ness
Poster

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:36 pm »

Lol Now apparently I'm evil, I guess i sort of deserve it for the problem the Upgrades caused later on.
I actually was on a server yesterday, seeing how the new 1.2.1 was, and was saddened to see that at most, there was 9 servers up with less then 30 people playing. This mod has a lot of potential to be a great mod, but sadly not many people play it as much as they used to when it was only 1.1.2 and lower.
OrtVouslex
Poster

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 10:09:25 pm »

I agree with you that it's a shame that this mod is not getting the attention it should. But, heh, there's nothing can be done now since ZM is halting its development.

Of course, ZM itself had its problem in attracting players and server hosts. It's definitely slow placed and the average players doesn't like the idea of waiting as a spectator considering how sometimes a round can be dragged on.

Then bleh...Not many hosting companies support officially ZM and the mod itself is less stable than most mods I've hosted. So even if your server manage to bring it to a nice player count of 10+, a single crash can kill the player counts and may take hours and hours for it to "recover".

But I still prefer playing/hosting ZM than CSS or TF2.
Lonewolf
Poster

{insert witty "upgrade to something!" here}

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:41:43 pm »

I agree with you that it's a shame that this mod is not getting the attention it should. But, heh, there's nothing can be done now since ZM is halting its development.

Of course, ZM itself had its problem in attracting players and server hosts. It's definitely slow placed and the average players doesn't like the idea of waiting as a spectator considering how sometimes a round can be dragged on.

Then bleh...Not many hosting companies support officially ZM and the mod itself is less stable than most mods I've hosted. So even if your server manage to bring it to a nice player count of 10+, a single crash can kill the player counts and may take hours and hours for it to "recover".

But I still prefer playing/hosting ZM than CSS or TF2.
I have to agree, yet it's ironic because I'd rather watch one last guy get hunted down by banshees and hulks then watch a CS:S match after I died (CS:S matches can be QUITE long!)

Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:11:49 pm »

I have to agree, yet it's ironic because I'd rather watch one last guy get hunted down by banshees and hulks then watch a CS:S match after I died (CS:S matches can be QUITE long!)
How long?

dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Lonewolf
Poster

{insert witty "upgrade to something!" here}

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 07:16:25 pm »

How long?
10-20 minutes sometimes.........

Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 07:17:24 pm »

10-20 minutes sometimes.........
!? Round times are 3 minutes usually.

me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 02:43:33 am »

Not when you have two determined corner campers/bots. It's maddening to flick between the two viewpoints, knowing that if one would go forward 10 feet they could see each other and END THIS MADNESS

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 02:46:39 am »

Yes but I meant the timelimit for a round is around 3 minutes, you know. That clock in the top middle of your hud.

Red_Jeremiah
Poster

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 03:00:38 am »

lol, not all servers scrap, it all depends on where you play, some don't have a timer, or have rendered it useless using addons and what not
Charles445
Build Tester

This avatar is still funny

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 04:45:15 am »

lol, not all servers scrap, it all depends on where you play, some don't have a timer, or have rendered it useless using addons and what not
Then this happens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LJ6qcNd1I&fmt=18 HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LJ6qcNd1I LQ

Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.
Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The first upgrade servers... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length