Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 06:19:54 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 33
Author Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production  (Read 96381 times)
McViolent
ZM2 Admin

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2009, 06:38:09 am »

I was joking, I meant it was a good idea. Though wouldn't how would the speech audio come about? Most likely by the map maker or by using some of the HL2 content?
Pi Mu Rho
Administrator

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2009, 09:25:04 am »

If you limit the range of voice comms, people are likely to start using Teamspeak or Ventrilo...
LokiFoki
Poster

░▒▓█▓▒░ ░▒▓█▓▒░

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:00 am »

B) We already determined that the current game doesn't have much to add in besides bug fixes and custom content.  It's as far as it can go on the current engine.

As far as it can go? There are various features that were once planned and weren't coded in yet.
I made a list of all the stuff that could be added. Most of that stuff was approved by the zm team or even planned by them.

stuff

And even if we create patches for the current zm we could add something to the name of the mod. Those older version wouldn't be lost too.

-zm_darkride  65% finished

do what loki foki said
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2009, 12:14:56 pm »

Why don't we try using ranged voice in a build of ZM to test it out? Just find tGB and either tell him how to add it or pass it to tanner who can add it himself, and release a build privately.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
LokiFoki
Poster

░▒▓█▓▒░ ░▒▓█▓▒░

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2009, 01:06:36 pm »

Why don't we try using ranged voice in a build of ZM to test it out? Just find tGB and either tell him how to add it or pass it to tanner who can add it himself, and release a build privately.

This is a good idea.
Tanner seems to be a trustworthy person so tGB might give the code to him. Additionally Tanner can have a look at the code and tell us what he thinks about working with that code or if he prefers starting new.
If Tanner becomes the coder of a new team he should have the the final say in the debate whether to continue with the code or to start new with the ob engine. He is the one who must look through all the changes the zm team has done to the ep1 code or he is the one who must spend tons of hours starting from scratch.

-zm_darkride  65% finished

do what loki foki said
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2009, 03:50:37 pm »

This thread is basically on the level of the ideas forum in how it's full of ideas that are either 1) practically impossible to implement, 2) seriously harmful for ZM's gameplay, or 3) plain bad. I can see it now: "Zombie Master 2: Something Completely Different No One Actually Wants To Play"

But anyway. As I have stated many times, no code is given to anyone unless AL explicitly agrees to it. Which in the current situation means no code is given to anyone. I am also unlikely to make custom builds for you to test out terrible ideas. Luckily, you can test its practicality quite easily on a clean HL2DM codebase as the voice stuff is quite separate from any ZM stuff.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »

This thread is basically on the level of the ideas forum in how it's full of ideas that are either 1) practically impossible to implement, 2) seriously harmful for ZM's gameplay, or 3) plain bad. I can see it now: "Zombie Master 2: Something Completely Different No One Actually Wants To Play"

But anyway. As I have stated many times, no code is given to anyone unless AL explicitly agrees to it. Which in the current situation means no code is given to anyone. I am also unlikely to make custom builds for you to test out terrible ideas. Luckily, you can test its practicality quite easily on a clean HL2DM codebase as the voice stuff is quite separate from any ZM stuff.

pretty much, but since it is likely nothing will ever come of either thread talking about the continuation of the game, it doesn't hurt to simply post ones ideas on it and get into a heated debate for no good reason whatsoever.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
jdoggy123
Poster

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »

Wow you guys are pessimists.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »

If you'd been here for the great Upgrades scourge, you would be pessimistic to.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from: Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie
OrtVouslex
Poster

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »

The point is more like you have got the rest of this forum and another sub-forum for ideas. No point in converting a thread that was supposed to be more practical to one another ideas one.

But I doubt it will happen. Lack of coders and people without concrete abilities want to join the discussion to by...posting ideas. And I've been suggesting that we're going way far ahead anyway.

And of course, we don't need ZM's code if we were doing from scratch but keeping the concepts but again, coders? What's Tanner's response to that?

Heh, I was reluctant to post this because I find that I'm just repeating what I've been saying in other posts just to be ignored politely.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:36 pm »

Ignored politely for a reason. I've seen quite a few new people on the forums and I think everyone here is a bit wary about letting someone they don't know in on something very dear to us.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie
OrtVouslex
Poster

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:02 pm »

That sounds like a narrow minded reason to me.

I would prefer looking at the facts than post counts; especially when many people of higher post counts are more skilled in making a legitimate thread go off-topic just because they disagree on something (not referring to this thread).

But then, I also doubt that what I say would save this thread anyway.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:53 pm »

Narrow minded or not, that's the case. People who have been playing a game from the start aren't going to like upstarts with crazy (retarded) ideas.

Have you seen our Ideas forum? It's full of complete idiots with a handful of posts.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:52:14 pm by Sarge »

Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2009, 10:52:50 pm »

Narrow minded or not, that's the case. People who have been playing a game from the start aren't going to like upstarts with crazy (retarded) ideas.

Lolwut? Ehjunk has been around for ages and he's one of the most open people here.

Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2009, 10:54:00 pm »

Also Ort, it's not like what you are saying is revolutionary and new or anything. It's been said over and over again, by people who are long term members of the community even. No offense but you waltz in here trying to be some kind of voice of reason as if what you say is holy. It's all been said and the fact is you either hold to the mantra that it won't work, or you hold to the mantra that it will. Sides had already been picked and frankly neither side is really wrong.

Mr. Valvetime
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2009, 10:55:57 pm »

Lolwut? Ehjunk has been around for ages and he's one of the most open people here.
I wasn't saying anyone was narrow minded. I was saying that even if you think it's narrow minded, what I said was what's going on.

What Jossi said.

I'm sure you aren't taking Rukus as seriously as you would take Marphy or Ehjunk.

Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

No longer staring into souls.

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:50 pm »

Completely unnecessary analogy.

Imagine you are a parent.  You're sending your kids off to camp, but you and your spouse disagree on which of the two camps the child should go to, and even smaller details.  Now, someone that you've never met walks into your house and begins to talk to you on the issue.

Do you trust him?  Berate him?  Say "What the fuck are you doing in my house?" and call the cops?

Bam.  Bad but easily understood analogy complete.

It isn't narrow minded in the least.  Its actually quite sensible, I don't know anyone here who completely trusts a new member until they've proven themselves and endured our gauntlet of hatred.

Quote from: korea-people
Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
Quote from: maxnose
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:13 pm »

You shoot him, and then twice more when hes down just to make sure!

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2009, 11:02:03 pm »

Go team hatred!

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2009, 11:29:51 pm »

Once again, this thread was intended to be about how if the name of ZM was continued, it would be done in a new game.

Everything I've mentionned as of now is not things I've been spending a lot of time thinking about, they're just examples of idea we have the ability to try because we're running our own ship. Personally I have no idea if ranged microphone use would work, and to outright call it a failure or call it a sucess before it's even tried is to be one stuck-up asshole. I'm certianly not trying to build the scematics for a new mod right here and now and I hope nobody else is either or is getting that impression. One further thing, this thread is not titled "Let's find a coder!" so you're being rather pathetic when you demmand a coder be found immediately and then demmand we stay on topic.

With that out of the way, anyone else have any particularly radical ideas which have been opened by the prospect of starting anew.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 33  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length