Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 12:06:19 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 33
Author Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production  (Read 96446 times)
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

No longer staring into souls.

« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2009, 11:34:45 pm »

So this far we have:
-Radial chat.
-Inventory; Such as radios, and flashlights.
-Modified weapons and ammo.
-More focus on shambler hordes.
-Spectator interaction with survivors.
-Different sound design.

I think those are all the ideas that have been brought up.  Just scrolled through the thread quickly to check.

Quote from: korea-people
Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
Quote from: maxnose
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
OrtVouslex
Poster

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2009, 11:44:05 pm »

This will be my last reply for this thread, or at least I will try to do so. Because I can see that people want to discuss about pointless implementations or not implementable at all. Or things like let's get this "Steamworked" as in it was not attempted before and the fact it is purely Valve's call.

Revolutionary? Do we need something like that? I don't think so. If people are more serious about getting something done, then the amount of talking of ideas should be a lot less. In my opinion, the orders of things are also wrong. It's not like we have lots of resources (like coders) around, it's not like we can use the ideas to pick the coders -- but more like the other way around, what can the coders do (if they exist at all).

And your analogy, sure if you consider yourself the parents of ZM and this homepage, your house. But what I see more is an open community with an open topic for the public. And someone who may or may not be experienced in the development area voicing his opinion. Instead of disgarding or ignoring such opinion, maybe take a note or just argue back. Furthermore, your analogy (ignoring the part of trespassing your house) is indeed being narrow minded -- you are ignoring the person's arguments because you don't know him (that is being biased and being prejudiced).

This thread won't be going anywhere if people are just posting ideas, that's something I strongly believe in. So many development projects die just because the team keep producing ideas way faster than they can implement them, and slowly they lose track, aim and motivation. And in this case? We don't even have a team at all.

All ideas are hollow if you don't have someone that can or willing to do the actual work. At least, from the ideas posted (even if I disagree with most of them) you need a coder. If it were more aimed for 1.2.1 then I would say get mappers to fix their maps / create new maps instead of getting coders.

Just to finish off, then I apologise deeply for everything I've said so far and I declare myself out of this topic.
jdoggy123
Poster

« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:29 pm »

Alright, the only way that this project will ever go anywhere is if we all actually DO something instead of just throwing around ideas. While I understand that we're trying to make a new mod, we should at least get a ZM 2.0 out first. We should show that we can at least make ZM better, before we try and go make a new one. Also, could somebody post a list of the proposed team? I've seen rukus' old one but an updated one would be nice.
EDIT: Ort beat me to the punch I guess with the ideas thing.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2009, 11:58:07 pm »

//Bah I am sick and grumpy.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:15:22 am by JossiRossi »

Mr. Valvetime
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2009, 12:00:06 am »

Alright, the only way that this project will ever go anywhere is if we all actually DO something instead of just throwing around ideas. While I understand that we're trying to make a new mod, we should at least get a ZM 2.0 out first. We should show that we can at least make ZM better, before we try and go make a new one. Also, could somebody post a list of the proposed team? I've seen rukus' old one but an updated one would be nice.
EDIT: Ort beat me to the punch I guess with the ideas thing.

The thing is, ideas are all we really have. We have one coder who visits this forum and hasn't shown any real interest in this at all, and another hypothetical coder who has yet to pop in and say "I'd like to code for zm" and untill he does so Im going to have to say we have no coders iunterested at all.

What that leaves us with are a good group of think tanks, a handfull of decent mappers, and one or two good modlers and skinners.

We have nothing.

Apart from that, I feel it would be more respectful to leave the current ZM where it is, which is where the devs decided it is finished at, besides there really isn't anything we can add or take away except for bugs which we can't do untill we find coders, which we don't have.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2009, 12:28:34 am »

This will be my last reply for this thread, or at least I will try to do so. Because I can see that people want to discuss about pointless implementations or not implementable at all. Or things like let's get this "Steamworked" as in it was not attempted before and the fact it is purely Valve's call.
We can't just "get steamworks". If we could, we would've.

Eeny you seem to be a streak of stupidity. /dev/null has expressed interest except not on these forums, tanner is intestested. We have a good number of mappers, modelers, and skinners. I say that's decent enough for it to be premissible to talk about things hypothetically. Jesus christ we're throwing around ideas and you (among others) are yelling at us for not having signed contracts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:31:41 am by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2009, 12:31:36 am »

Eeny you seem to be a streak of stupidity.

Yup.

Doesn't change the fact that I think all of these "ZM 2" and "Continue zm" threads are anything more than a bunch of hot air though.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2009, 12:33:04 am »

Obviously the correct way to make a mod is to make all the code before you have any idea what you're doing.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2009, 12:34:27 am »

Obviously the correct way to make a mod is to make all the code before you have any idea what you're doing.
Obviously the correct way to make a mod is to have a bunch of useless people sit around and bullshit all day about what would make a good game.

Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:47 am »

That sounds about right.

Zombie Master History

Zombie Master's initial concept was devised by Angry Lawyer, allegedly while engaged in lavatorial activities. When he saw what needed to be done, he set out to gather a team of retired superheroes to fulfil his dream. After the obligatory persuasion scenes, they agreed to help him if supplied with sufficient chocolate cookies. And so, they say, Zombie Master development was started.

Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2009, 12:37:47 am »

That sounds about right.

Awww, but he could code and knew of others who could do other usefull acticites as well. Therefor he is not 'Useless" as most of the members in this forum are.

jdoggy123
Poster

« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2009, 12:40:20 am »

Jesus christ guys, fighting doesn't help anything. Whether the current ZM gets changed, or a new ZM gets made, I don't see how fighting is going to solve anything. All that does is have OTHER people look at the forums and say these people aren't serious, they're just bullshitting each other, throwing around ideas without any real skill,and arguing with each other. We should band together instead of arguing like a bunch of five year olds, or ZM is going to die.
Rukus
Poster

Serial Killer

« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2009, 12:47:29 am »

Wow, the I&S has been overrun with pessimists and flamers.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:51:57 am by Rukus »

Oh, so you just expelled gas and bits of poop into the air loudly during our intimate moment, but whatever.
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2009, 12:50:41 am »

Ok, I have some problems with a lot of what has been said recently.

I will ignore Ort's post, because I'm in a good mood and don't feel like raging on him.
But jdoggy, this is what we do.  We aren't just going to agree on something, especially without any real guarantees of anything coming out of it.
So we're discussing, and in these forums discussion means argument.  It isn't a fight so much as a heated debate.
If you haven't noticed, we argue all the time, but it doesn't mean we hate each other or are actually fighting.
Its a way of getting things done.

And right now we are throwing ideas around without any real skill.  We have people who can do stuff, but right now we can merely do custom content, which is not something to be discussed in this thread.

Also don't bring up the idea that ZM will die without us.  There are so many things wrong with that argument I don't even know where to start.

Wow, the I&S has been overrun with pessimists and flamers.

No, its been overwhelmed with stupidity, thus breeding pessimism.
You give us something worthwhile and likely to happen, we give you support.

Rukus
Poster

Serial Killer

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2009, 12:53:34 am »

Forget about finding a coder for a second. The bottom line is ALL ideas will go absolutely nowhere unless we find Angry Lawyer. Because Pi couldn't care less.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:54:56 am by Rukus »

Oh, so you just expelled gas and bits of poop into the air loudly during our intimate moment, but whatever.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2009, 01:02:03 am »

WCC we do actually have some skill, it's that we can't really put it to good use without the original code.

We have 2 potential coders, that's the big thing. So despite people saying we have no coders, we actually do. They just can't do anything without the go ahead, which will probably never happen.

Also we have a few sound designers here, myself included but Worbat does it too.

There's a decent load of mappers too.

One of the biggest problems is that there's a bottleneck at Angry Lawyer. That said we COULD start from scratch, but hell if we do that why not make our own damn mod instead of redoing ZM.

Mr. Valvetime
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2009, 01:10:42 am »

Well thats what I was trying to imply.
Without access to the code it IS all talk.  And rather than mope around wishing we had code, why not debate the ideas.

And though there is a problem with not having AL, it really isn't like we can actually go find him.
All we have is the internet, and though it can be useful, pretty sure we won't be able to track him down and go "O hai, can we haz code nao?"
Though if they want to try, more power to them.

We probably could start our own mod though, which seems to be what this thread is turning into.
Since only the basic premise resembles ZM in any way.  We're discussing changes to pretty much everything else.

That being said, I'll let you speak for a while, since I tend to agree with most of what you say.

jdoggy123
Poster

« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2009, 01:14:09 am »

When I said the mod was going to die, I simply meant that if no new builds, updates, or anything else come out people lose interest. Thats not saying that I won't play it, or that YOU won't play it, but the average person tends to lose interest quickly. Oh and as to AL he posted on the boards earlier on a different thread, I think he's just ignoring this thread.
EDIT: shit nevermind, I looked at the youtube ZM tutorial thread and thought it was new and saw AL on there and figured he replied today. My bad for just glancing through the thread. HIs actual post was from May 2007. Um... now I feel stupid
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:16:52 am by jdoggy123 »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2009, 01:37:05 am »

Time to revive Operation: Zossi Mossi

Mr. Valvetime
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2009, 01:59:50 am »

O hellz yes.

Wait, what was that again?

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 33  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Ajunk's view on the future of ZM production « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length