Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 06:57:39 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Some STALKER stuff (Warning! Full of win!) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Some STALKER stuff (Warning! Full of win!)  (Read 9057 times)
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 03:57:32 pm »

I'll reserve my excitement until this proves it wont make the same mistakes as the clear sky.
Fixed because SoC, when patched, was nearly flawless... so there.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 04:02:30 pm »

Most games are pretty much bugless unless you're looking for a bug, to be honest.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Broadsword
Build Tester

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 04:06:15 pm »

I did not say bugless... I said flawless.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 04:08:56 pm »

What's the difference?

No bugs lead to no flaws. Unless we're talking content here...

trust me I know my shit
V
Poster

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity...

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 04:22:13 pm »

It was more of the worry of Vista compatibility, but might as well...

Both Stalker: SoC and CS work fine on Vista 32 and 64.

The only game I've had any trouble getting to work on Vista is Bioshock, but eventually it worked fine.

People should not be afraid of their governments.  Governments should be afraid of their people...
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 04:30:52 pm »

Most games are pretty much bugless unless you're looking for a bug, to be honest.

I can name quite a few games, including SoC, where this statement would fit about as well as [insert name here] mother would fit in regular size clothing.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »

I can name quite a few games, including SoC, where this statement would fit about as well as [insert name here] mother would fit in regular size clothing.

In SoC, with all patches installed, I was often able to shoot people in the head and no one would do anything. They'd be like "GET OUT OF HERE STALKER" and I'd be like "BAM" and their buddy would be like "DIBS ON HIS PIG TAIL SOCKS"

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

Nice job understanding the word "most".

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 06:01:11 pm »

I did.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
PzK
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 06:17:15 pm »

Is it worth downloading the alpha? I've never played the game.
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 07:14:42 pm »

Both Stalker: SoC and CS work fine on Vista 32 and 64.

The only game I've had any trouble getting to work on Vista is Bioshock, but eventually it worked fine.
I turned over the package and it said something about Microsoft Office and Vista, so I lolwut'd and bought Clear Sky instead.

Yeah, but either way you have to agree that CS is amazingly buggy. I jumped into the cave before I was supposed to, and had to restart (I saved over the quicksave). I had to literally restart the game 3 or 4 times.

After that, the amount of bugs made me decide to perma save every 5 hours or so.

Was comparing Broad's statement to other games. GSC games are an exception because everyone knows that they can't do jackshit about optimizing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:42:54 am by OneTooManyZombies »

trust me I know my shit
Broadsword
Build Tester

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »

Yeah, but either way you have to agree that SoC was amazingly buggy.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

"Used Furniture Salesmen"

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 06:23:22 am »

would someone mind linking or posting a list of all the shit that was cut from stalker, b/c i would be interested to know.

So she just lays on her back and shatters the zombie's skull with a 50 caliber newborn baby.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 12:56:35 pm »

Stalker is one of my favourites, I'm looking forward to play call of Pripyat.

In terms of the so-called Stalker alpha (build 1935 to be more exact) I'd recommend not to download it. From what I read it's very buggy, raw and crashes lots of times even with some fixes made by the community. The only thing in this build that makes it worth downloading are cut-out locations that are much bigger, better and more interesting than in released Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. I'd wait until Stalker modders use them. There are three separate mod teams working on dragging locations from build 1935, Stalker clear sky, Stalker multiplayer and some custom into SoC, making Stalker "that we all expected".

There are a couple of videos showing how much better old locations were http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/03/03/older-original-stalker-released-for-free/

If you are planning to try Stalker, never play it without mods, they're making it much better (well, the good and balanced ones).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:05:25 pm by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »

Notary, which mods are trying to expand SoC with all the extra content? I'd like to keep my eye on them.

Mr. Valvetime
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 03:13:35 pm »

First three are porting locations from 1935

Lost Alpha
AMK
Old Good Stalker Evolution, but they do not seem to bother to translate their mod to english.
Stalker Oblivion Lost
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:19:45 pm by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 03:18:40 pm »

Thanks! It would be a great thing to see the Zone explode in size.

Mr. Valvetime
Werewolf
Poster

Sealed Suit > Gasmask

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 03:21:27 pm »

This is awesome.

I need to get Clear Sky and play through that first though. Been busy with other games, heh.

I wonder if the fellow on that magazine cover Alex? He looks a lot younger than Strelok (and a hell of a lot less beat up).

Also SoC is awesome and you should get it. Especially with all the bugfixes and mods out for it. Some of them add a retarded number of new guns to play with and monsters at which to shoot with those new toys.

Also the TOZ-34 is like, the coolest double barreled shotgun ever.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:25:18 pm by Werewolf »

I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 03:57:34 pm »

Yeah, it'd be nice if shotguns weren't so goddamned useless at everything but the labs. Especially the TOZ-34, which will get you killed as you frantically reload while a Snork chomps on your ass.
Werewolf
Poster

Sealed Suit > Gasmask

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:07 pm »

Yeah, it'd be nice if shotguns weren't so goddamned useless at everything but the labs. Especially the TOZ-34, which will get you killed as you frantically reload while a Snork chomps on your ass.

I find they're pretty decent, it's just that they don't do enough damage fast enough to be equal with the rifles.

Which I guess is par for course with the real world - there's a reason you only see a shotgun on a couple of the soldiers storming a building or whatever.

I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: Some STALKER stuff (Warning! Full of win!) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length