Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:41:14 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Grey-Echo's Kiddie Korner - Splinter ZM Source Code Development « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16
Author Topic: Grey-Echo's Kiddie Korner - Splinter ZM Source Code Development  (Read 59445 times)
Grey-Echo
Poster

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »

I could definitely work on that. You guys mean for the Zombie Master only, right? Similar to a real-time strategy game like Age of Empires or something? Should be doable.
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 10:32:47 pm »

Meh, you've responded nicely so far. As long as you ignore Rukus's ideas I'd like to see where this goes.

Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:44 pm »

I can't help but feel resentment for the whole banshee incident but your promising words have almost swayed me.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 11:32:51 pm »

I agree.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 11:52:17 pm »

I'm going to be honest here. ZombieMod: Source is unoriginal garbage. That's why every realese keeps it alive for maybe a week before all the servers die out. Also, it has a terrable history of stealing content and having jackoff team members who do stuff like this

I wish you luck with ZM but PLEASE don't just let any asshole into your team. ZM is only going to allow splinter mods, correct? I don't want anyone thinking you took over normal development or anything like that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:02:07 am by Broadsword »

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Grey-Echo
Poster

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:51 am »

I'm not here to get into a flame war about ZM:S, nor am I here to hear everyone's opinions on it, because to be honest, I don't care. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

I plan to continue ZM development, meaning an optional 1.2.2, as far as I'm concerned. I'm also not here to create a 'team' or any of that. Everyone will know of the original creators. I'm only serving this mod as a coder to patch up some loose ends and fix some bugs.
Grey-Echo
Poster

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 01:11:48 am »

Here's what has been implemented so far - and this is just today:

X Reduce lag and improve FPS by removing zombie NPC shadows.
X Improve pickup system and replace "carry" weapon with use key functionality.
X Make dropped weapons and ammo blink so that they are easily noticeable on the ground.
Grey-Echo
Poster

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 02:06:19 am »

Out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about an optional thirdperson mode? One would be able to switch from firstperson to thirdperson at any time - unless they are dead or aren't a human survivor. What do you think? I don't want to do anything that a majority of people aren't fond of.
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 02:13:19 am »

Depends on how clunky the movement is in thirdperson. You could switch between the two based on the balance between need for sight and need for movement, but I don't see a whole lot of use for it since you mainly need to just leg it in most maps.

Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 02:14:21 am »

Ehhhh I don't really like thirdperson to be honest. I think it works better forcing the first person.

Mr. Valvetime
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 02:36:28 am »

First person is more immersive, better for barricading and melee, and all around superior in all ways. I strongly object to thirdperson.

Grey-Echo
Poster

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 03:02:10 am »

Like I said though, the thirdperson would be optional. Therefore, if you ended up not liking it, you wouldn't have to use it. It's not like you'd have much of an advantage either using thirdperson, other than the occasional looking around corners. It also wouldn't be very clunky and would adjust to obstacles that might be in the camera's way.

But it's up to you guys, I suppose. I'll wait for some more input before I make my decision. Thanks for the comments so far.  smile
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 03:06:17 am »

In my opinion, just having the option is a negative. Now this is just me, but in source there is no good reason to thirdperson. None. Simply having it, though, provokes people to try it and, most likely, not like it. We don't want features people don't like, even if option.

BUT THAT IS JUST MY TWO CENTS. Really if there's anyone who'd prefer it speak up.

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 03:10:20 am »

I dislike the idea that it would fragment people's impression of the game. Two people would be seeing the same things in entirely different ways. It can also give unfair advantages of being able to look around corners and such in an unnatural way.

Mr. Valvetime
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 03:10:27 am »

I think we'd be better off without.

Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 04:36:28 am »

Wait, but you can't push things wihtout the carry tool!

or pull, whatever.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Rukus
Poster

Serial Killer

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 04:52:17 am »

//JossiRossi

Did you think I was kidding?

1 more week removed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:00:29 am by JossiRossi »

Oh, so you just expelled gas and bits of poop into the air loudly during our intimate moment, but whatever.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 05:02:18 am »

What happened to you having deleted posts? :|

Anyway, wouldn't work. Be bad already, and the accuracy would be completely off. Ever try aiming in L4D thirdperson? Yeah.

EDIT: Oh, hey Jossi.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
MOSH-PO-TAY-TO
Poster

Disco Disco.

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 05:29:48 am »

Of course, if the community wants something major done and everyone comes to an agreement about something, I'd be happy to work on that something as well.

Look buddy, the thing to remember is that, the majority of the broader ZM community are dip shits..

If 95% of people start demanding AK's and RPG's you shouldnt give in just because its the popular vote. What you should do is tell them to fuck off back to insurgency.

If your serious about continuing ZM and you want to have it dont with some degree of class, listen to some of the more prominent forum members, seriously, they would know whats right for the game as well as what fits and what doesnt.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:31:00 am by MOSH-PO-TAY-TO »

In a shameless act of self promotion Skeleton's Bone Pile - Australian Killing Floor Community.
Pi Mu Rho
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 06:13:35 am »

There's no room in mod development for a "leader" or a "designer" - anyone that doesn't actively produce code or content is dead weight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Source code discussion  |  Topic: Grey-Echo's Kiddie Korner - Splinter ZM Source Code Development « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length