Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 03:19:29 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: maker of zm_overlord « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: maker of zm_overlord  (Read 10449 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:28 am »

Link to where it says that ?

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
Binky
Poster

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 11:22:14 pm »

Quote from: Scrap.est
the most ironic situation is how humans live on a rotating meteor revolving around a hot gas ball and manage to call it normal.
Quote from: dorkson0
NEIGH!!!!
Shambie
Build Tester

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 01:01:39 am »

This thread made me lol. Thanks fifi, tannerbondy and everyone involved Grin

But it's not over yet, please continue.

Shambie has spoken!

Just because you have the right of free speech doesn't mean you can speak freely

Quote from: Zanarias~C1?
yeah
I've never understood why the educational system has so much room for failure

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?to
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 02:01:06 am »

<br />I hate all of you<br />
<br />Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.<br />
rodregis
Poster

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 04:17:20 am »

LAWBAT TO SAVE THE DAY.

So, it's perfectly fine to rip apart any zm map? and rebrand it as your own name?
(And you only have to ask out of common courtesty? and if you are feeling polite?)

I didn't know you all were so encouraging of people editing and decompiling and re-branding zombie master maps to re-release under their own name.

It's good to know, it really is.

McViolent

Boler's Bane

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 04:29:13 am »

As you know, or should know, I don't speak for everyone here. Worbat only proved my point. My point was that anyone can decompile, modify, rename, release any map with or without permission of the original mapper. Sure, you should ask permission but some people apparently don't. Isn't that right, Fifi?

EDIT:
OH WAIT, HE CAN'T ANSWER BECAUSE HE WAS BANNED.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:51:31 am by Tannerbondy »
rodregis
Poster

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 05:20:02 am »

Would your point apply to most if not all non-offical zm maps, not only ones made in Germany?

My point was simply remarking on how amusing it is this thread has turned into a discussion about how "easy it is" and how "nobody can do anything" based on the mapper, not so much the law and the technicalities involving enforcing it, I know they can't really do too much.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:21:21 am by rodregis »
McViolent

Boler's Bane

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 05:49:21 am »

Would your point apply to most if not all non-offical zm maps, not only ones made in Germany?
Most of what I said was just trolling, so to be honest it applies to any source map.

My point was simply...
I didn't know you all were so encouraging of people editing and decompiling and re-branding zombie master maps to re-release under their own name.
This tells me otherwise, lol.
rodregis
Poster

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 06:57:27 am »

That was merely an opinion I tried to use to get my point across.

Continue beating this thread onto page 4 and 5 if you can find someone to reply.

EDIT: It's probably a good thing my point went straight over your head and didn't make it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:52:42 am by rodregis »
McViolent

Boler's Bane

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 07:07:33 am »

That was merely an opinion I tried to use to get my point across.
If you're going to get your point across, use solid facts otherwise it won't even make it.
Charles445
Build Tester

This avatar is still funny

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2009, 03:11:17 pm »

If someone makes a map, it's always a good idea to get permission to do it.
Even though it is 'okay' to take anybody's map and edit it, it CAN create issues. A really bad thing to do is take out someone's credits.

The best thing to do when editing a map is:
1. Ask for permission
2. Put the previous mapmaker's credits in the map

That should suffice.

Now if you're justifying the complete invasion of the map itself, then where the hell did your morals go.
Even though cat/fifi have none

Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.
Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
fifi
Poster

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 10:55:42 am »

No, it is not allowed. creative work is protected by law. And as I said before, you would not have the spine to encourage people to rip docks. This whole discussion is about "yeah let's rip some cat maps"

Zombie Master Black Edition
http://www.zmbe.org

Official Moddb Page and forum
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master-black-edition/forum
Pi Mu Rho
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 12:57:16 pm »

I've been making maps for various games for years and not once have I bothered to put decompiling protection in. Why? Because ripping off of maps is so rare as to be a non-event. You'll find that it's generally some small-minded, crap map-making gimp that someone rips off, it's just that they tend to bitch about it the loudest.
Justin Bieber
Poster

Rebecca & Me, Down for Fame

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 07:04:02 am »

I do not see anyone play your stuff.

I know this is a necrobump and all, but I wanted to step in here and say how ironic this is now that Tannerbondy is in charge of Zombie Master 2. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote from: Scrap.est
I love your work Justin
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 06:18:54 pm »

btw. fifi is right, cats maps are protected by german law, even if he does not claim copyright on it (it is called "intellectual property").
Since cat created the maps in Germany, the german law applies.
So technically speaking, you would be violating german law if you republished the maps (though I doubt that any judge would make a case out of this flame war...)

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
McViolent

Boler's Bane

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 06:33:27 am »

I know this is a necrobump and all, but I wanted to step in here and say how ironic this is now that Tannerbondy is in charge of Zombie Master 2. (correct me if I'm wrong)
How is it ironic?

btw. fifi is right, cats maps are protected by german law, even if he does not claim copyright on it (it is called "intellectual property").
Since cat created the maps in Germany, the german law applies.
So technically speaking, you would be violating german law if you republished the maps (though I doubt that any judge would make a case out of this flame war...)
Clearly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: maker of zm_overlord « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length