Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:36:01 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: Random Games Discussion « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 270
Author Topic: Random Games Discussion  (Read 261600 times)
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #2160 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:38 am »

I really can't really google would do that.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #2161 on: April 26, 2011, 02:49:37 am »

Google accidentally 80% of all funds?

Service with a smile Grin
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2162 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:06 am »

How did I not notice that typo :/
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2163 on: April 26, 2011, 07:22:40 am »

I type "google checkout donations" into everyone's favourite search engine and the second result clearly states you can't use it for donations unless you're tax-exempt. The terms of service also state very clearly that you need to sell a product. Chances are they could have avoided all this by stating they sell preorders.

I don't doubt Checkout is being horrible about communicating with them, but the fault is theirs. They run a real business in a real world, and that means you have to read the small print.
SlayerCake
Poster

VerbCake

« Reply #2164 on: April 26, 2011, 08:02:53 am »

I think they freely admit it's their fault in the comments section. The issue seems to be more the fact that Google closed it indefinitely without notice or reason, said nothing about what will happen to the money, and then gave the nonsense robot response.

<br />Mysquirrel the storm and power outage were in real life<br />
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #2165 on: April 26, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

I feel the need to rant, because I recently acquired alien vs predator, and, like pretty much anyone, started the predator campaign first.

Ugh. What a terrible idea. They manage to cram so many bad choices into the first couple levels I just quit.

The first, and most forgivable sin, was in having instructions that you can't skip. This is forgivable because it goes away after the first level so it's only a bother for ten minutes or so.

The second was that you can't even follow these instructions while they're onscreen. There's one part where the game says "PRESS E TO DISTRACT A MARINE" and then "PRESS E AGAIN TO SELECT WHERE YOU WANT HIM TO GO." Pressing E at this point, does nothing. You can't press E until the game finishes telling you to press E. You just have to sit there, waiting for your chance to press E.

The worst thing about it though, was the animations. Everything seems to have it's own really long, unskippable, unbreakable animation. Want to kill a guy? Well, your predator will just grab his throat, punch him, stab him, rip off the head, and then fondle the spine lovingly for a bit, before going off and having a tea party to celebrate, and while this is happening you can't do anything at all, you just have to watch. Watch, while thinking thoughts like "I sure hope the three other marines in the area don't notice this lengthy, gory process."

There's an animation for almost everything you do, too. I'm only two levels in, and I've already seen everything twice. Every door you open requires you to punch a power grid, or use your wristwatch to play angry birds, or something. Ultimately, playing as a Predator is a slow, clunky experience. I've had games of TF2 where I felt more like a ninja assassain, and I playthe guy with the minigun

Whose idea was this? I admit! I havn't actually seen the predator movie, but I get the general idea that they're supposed to be about stealth and speed. So why is it that killing anyone requires you to stand perfectly still and uncloaked for fifteen minutes?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
SlayerCake
Poster

VerbCake

« Reply #2166 on: April 26, 2011, 03:36:49 pm »

To be fair you don't HAVE to use the executions.

But agree with the rest!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:42:25 pm by SlayerCake »

<br />Mysquirrel the storm and power outage were in real life<br />
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #2167 on: April 26, 2011, 05:33:57 pm »

yeah I also quit the alien campaign pretty soon (after the first few "kill everyone in this room so the door will open" levels)

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
-Mythic-
Build Tester

Dangerous like a fire in a nursing home.

« Reply #2168 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:42 pm »

So, after rumors of "Project Cafe", Nintendo just confirmed that they are making a new system for release in 2012. Link Here.

Looks pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:14:43 pm by -Mythic- »

You post on a forum where one person openly admits to stalking two people and is possibly a pedophile, a Sinophobe who constantly refers to himself in third person, and a Canadian.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2169 on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:57 am »

It's official: Sony is done.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/04/sony-admits-utter-psn-failure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars
http://vgn365.com/2011/04/26/psn-users-reporting-hundred-of-dollars-stolen-from-them/

Xbox would have handled this right. But hey, you get what you pay for!

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2170 on: April 27, 2011, 02:36:55 am »

lol

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #2171 on: April 27, 2011, 02:56:32 am »

How can random hackers buttfuck a major company so hard?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2172 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:13 am »

How can random hackers buttfuck a major company so hard?

Easily enough, actually my theory is that bigger companies are easier targets due to cockiness.

Although I'm not entirely convinced that it was random hackers just yet, we shall see what the investigation uncovers eh?

axemen23
Poster

« Reply #2173 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:00 am »

I blame microsoft.

10:52 PM - Crazy Horse: axe just weeaboo'd so hard that he nearly teleported to japan
GlobalEnjoi
Poster

« Reply #2174 on: April 27, 2011, 04:03:46 am »

Ever since my friend got a PS3, he has talked so much shit about how it is better than the Xbox 360. He has talked about how fucking awesome the Playstation network is because it's free, how awful the 360 is, how shitty the 360 games are, and how Sony always makes the best decisions. He has consistently told me that my 360 is a turd compared to his PS3, and that my 360 will get a RROD well before anything happens to his wonderful console. In the last 2 weeks, his PS3 died, he got it repaired, and then the Playstation Network got hacked to hell and his bank information is potentially compromised.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Z3RO
ZM2 Developer

Smoke Geometry all day, Every Day.

« Reply #2175 on: April 27, 2011, 04:22:46 am »

This would never happen to Valve.
After all we are the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:41:05 am by Z3RO »

We drag children off the streets, chain them up in the basement and whip them until they produce normal maps by hand. You know, the usual way.
MoarToast
Poster

Some uneducated, overopinonated knobend

« Reply #2176 on: April 27, 2011, 04:31:05 am »

and how Sony always makes the best decisions.

Yep, they sure do make the best decisions. Like having no second analogue stick for their handhelds for years on end, taking several years to implement private voice chat into PSN, blatantly attempting to cash in on the success of the Wii and predictably failing miserably, making the Playstation Plus service a pointless load of old shit and making their motto (It Only Does Everything) highlight the largest downfall of the PS3 (Trying to do too much at once).

When it comes to consolefagging gaming, my preference has almost always been PS3,  but even I fully admit that Sony has been outright retarded over the past few years.

Schism
Poster

Busy starring into peoples souls.

« Reply #2177 on: April 27, 2011, 09:58:52 am »

I love paying for games with a credit card that only exists for one month Grin

Sucks to be sony right now. Not making good sales and now with the market speculation this will fucking destroy them.

Now you 2 can go around in an abandoned manure factory & call it exploring!
Al'sFertilizerFactory:Where we always give a shit
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2178 on: April 27, 2011, 10:39:17 am »

Sucks to be sony right now. Not making good sales and now with the market speculation this will fucking destroy them.

lolno. This will come nowhere even close to destroying them.

Yep, they sure do make the best decisions. Like having no second analogue stick for their handhelds for years on end, taking several years to implement private voice chat into PSN, blatantly attempting to cash in on the success of the Wii and predictably failing miserably, making the Playstation Plus service a pointless load of old shit and making their motto (It Only Does Everything) highlight the largest downfall of the PS3 (Trying to do too much at once).

When it comes to consolefagging gaming, my preference has almost always been PS3,  but even I fully admit that Sony has been outright retarded over the past few years.

I agree with everything said here.

Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #2179 on: April 27, 2011, 11:10:59 am »

As a PS3 owner, I am sure as shit glad that I never bought anything from that store or entered any of my credit card information.

When it comes to consolefagging gaming, my preference has almost always been PS3,  but even I fully admit that Sony has been outright retarded over the past few years.
I agree with all of this. Microsoft has done so much right. Microsoft done voicechat properly, Xbox Live is worth paying for, updates never fucking happen, the layout of the controller sucks (Seriously, I wish they'd swap the positions of the left analog stick and the D-pad)... And, worst of all, no one fucking uses voicechat because Sony never bundled a headset with the console. Sure, I can use any Bluetooth headset, but no one gives a shit.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 270  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: Random Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length