Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 09:57:19 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: How do I make objectives (specifically listed below) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I make objectives (specifically listed below)  (Read 1125 times)
Crackit
Poster

« on: February 21, 2010, 02:19:16 pm »

I have a map I'm working on and I need the survivors to bring back 4 batteries throughout the map.  I've decompiled a few maps, (not taking their ideas) but I couldn't really figure it out.

It'd be nice if you could list what I should do step by step.  Or at least give me a good tutorial elsewhere.

Thank you.
biomech
Poster

[LIVE ㋫㋷㋗㋷][LOVE HARUKO]

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:16:18 pm »

place four batteries. Make trigger_multiple. set it a filter, which allow trigger this entity only a specified things (your batteries). Set output to increase volume of some math_counter by 1 (make max value of this counter - 4, and add output which starts another part of objectives when hitmax). You may also add "kill - !activator" output, to remove bringed batteries, to avoid bugs. Or use trigger_teleport instead of.

I know everyone.
I've been everywhere.
I know everything.
Because I'm everybody.
Crackit
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33:19 am »

Okay, it didn't really help me out to be quite honest.  I understand I have to make a trigger_multiple, and the Filter names, but everything else I'm abit clueless what to do next.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:18:11 am »

Alright, here's the deal.

If you want the batteries to stick, you need to do this:

Step 1) Make your 4 batteries and scatter them throughout the map. Name them all "battery".
Step 2) Make 4 more batteries and place them where the batteries will go. Once you have the position perfect, turn them into info_targets and name them "BattLoc1","BattLoc2", etc.
Step 3) Make trigger boxes around the locations. When a held battery touches one, it'll be warped, so don't make it too small or too large. Give them unique names and make them trigger_teleport.
Step 4) Make a filter for these teleports, letting only entities named "battery" through. On teleport, freeze the battery, turn off the trigger, and open a trigger relay.
Step 5) Once all 4 trigger relays are open, it means all batteries are in place and you're good to do what you want.

If these steps are unclear, too bad. Read up on these:
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=439.0
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=4044.0

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Crackit
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »

Thank you sir, helped loads.
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: How do I make objectives (specifically listed below) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length