Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 12:39:51 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: R.E. The Real Hive « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R.E. The Real Hive  (Read 1661 times)
Un[n]amed
Poster

« on: January 28, 2010, 01:40:20 am »

Ok everyone, i am looking to create the real hive from resident evil, i have most everything i need.
for those that don't know, this means the entire real hive map from resident evil, not just one made up with music that is called the hive. 
what i am here doing is asking for input for it, suggestions and such.  since this is a huge map and most of everything is predetermined as per the movie, i am asking for suggestions on how i could make this a more ZM interactive map environment rather than just going ver batim to the movie/game.

i plan to be an avid mapper and release several maps, however this is just the first of many.
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »

Do what requeen did only better.

This isn´t spam. This is how I would see a good hive map.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Bloodraven1
Poster

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:24:28 am »

Finally some1 will create the map i have always dream of!
Make it a gooden  Wink
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:13:59 am »

Hrm, this would be a huge map, which is a problem in itself with zm.

Well, one way you can help the interactivity of the zm is by having the zm take on the role of the Red queen. What was creepiest about that movie to me was they were facing an intellegent enemy, one who would open new paths, cause lasers to shoot out of walls, nerve gas, and otherwise fuck the people.

So yeah, less predetermined, more traps and entities the zm could use. Other examples include flooding of water tight offices, and controlling elevators (Not just forcing them to crash, but mabye the ability to send them to other floors at the zm's discretion?).

Anyway, good luck.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Un[n]amed
Poster

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:47 pm »

firstly, Redqueen is exactly what made me want to do this map.  when i played the level i was severely disappointed that it was nothing more than the music with a non RE level.

as for the interactivity,  eeny, that is actually a very intelligible idea that is pretty practical too.  i will probably implement that for use in it.  as for the size of the map, yes this will be a problem.  i will have to either make adjoining maps at checkpoints, or i will have to find a way to map the entire hive on one single grid, which is more likely since no one like to wait for a map to load.

accuracy wise, this will be as close to movie exact as i can get it.  there may be a few textures here and there that are off, but the map will be almost identical to the movie's.  as for the rooms that you did not see in the movie, these will also be accessible.  i know this is a question that will come up often, so yes, you will have full exploration ability to a point (i.e.  doors and areas will require locks, buttons, switches to be used in another area or for a group of areas), and yes, there will be areas that do require a sacrifice to pass through them (the laser entryway to the redqueen for example).  i will also be trying to limit this map to only shamblers and banshees, the latter being very rare as they are to make up for the lack of dogs. 

have patience as this might take me about two to three weeks to complete, since i have to get everything leading to the right place and get the rooms to looks as close as possible.  plus i have to get the score tracks and set up the red queens voice for use with certain traps.  and most of the mapping is being done use of the actual maps from the movie as well as repeatedly watching and screen shotting the movie for continual reference. 

thanks for the suggestions, and again, any suggestions and or link for materials that you think might be suited for this are much appreciated.
Un[n]amed
Poster

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:02:39 am »

ok, i am about halfway through the main construction of the build for the hive.  what i need is someone who is very experienced in mapping who is willing to take this map and fine tune the little things (textures, some lighting and such) nothing major (feel free to make corrections if you find them), but as i said i am not a very experienced mapper, and i want this to be as close to the actual hive as possible as though you yourself are traversing the movie.

please send me a message if you are willing to lend a hand, credit will be given, and you can even leave you own little trademark on the map if you wish.  but i want to complete this properly so that the gameplay is accurate and functional as well as fun being that this is one of the few maps that most want to see in a zombie genre game.

also note that i am at a point where i can either leave out or add in the 8 main floors of the hive, being that aside from the first floor they dont really show any of them.  i havent decided which to do as of yet, though if i do the map will be much longer and larger speaking exploratively ( should you choose to venture that way).  however if i do, i might add in some extras that might make the map more of a challenge optionally, as per some ideas i have been playing with.

please let me know soon, i am working to try and get this to a point where i can send it to someone in the next week for fine tuning.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:02:52 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that no one will respond to this call. If an experienced mapper has the time to fix your map, he also has the time to work on his, and he's going to pick his. Some things you just have to do yourself.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Un[n]amed
Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 05:20:02 am »

well, if they dont then they dont.  i wasnt asking for anything much anyways, i just figured some people may actually be decent enough to give a hand to someone if they needed it, just as most hope others do for them.  either way, i am going to finish the map, it would be nicer if an experienced mapper would give a hand with the finishing touches for superficials, but oh well.
biomech
Poster

[LIVE ㋫㋷㋗㋷][LOVE HARUKO]

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 06:26:26 pm »

Can you show us at least some wip screenshots? =)

I know everyone.
I've been everywhere.
I know everything.
Because I'm everybody.
goldendeed
Poster

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 05:10:20 am »

I would have to say i am a experienced mapper, and i would love to take a look at your map. I'm absolutely fantastic when it comes to touching up and such. Contact me :3

hellfire54 (steam)

Indeed
Pages: [1]  
Zombie Master  |  Zombie Master  |  Custom Content (Moderator: McViolent)  |  Topic: R.E. The Real Hive « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length