Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 01:47:24 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: All Hopes for Fallout Are In New Vegas « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38
Author Topic: All Hopes for Fallout Are In New Vegas  (Read 42296 times)
Kiwi
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 02:16:17 am »

You mean Obsidian in the second one, Kiwi. In addition to KotOR 2, Obsidian made NWN2 and they're also making Alpha Protocol. Their core group of developers came from Black Isle and Interplay, so they're pretty well versed with Fallout.

Weirdly enough, I just finished transcribing two interviews done with people from Obsidian under an hour ago. They seem like cool guys.

By Obsidian, the same guys who made Knights of the Old Republic 2, and using the FO3 engine.

The original was made by Bioware, they handed it off to Oblivion to do work on the sequel, which while great, was horribly unfinished.

Ok, that bit was poorly worded, Kiwi meant that they handed KotOR 2 to Obsidian.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.
[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 06:21:14 am »

I liked the radio in F3, I hope they'll add more tracks to it for FNV, though, as I understand it, it can be a bit tricky with the copyright on old songs such as those in F3.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 12:08:57 pm »

I hope so, humans felt so lifeless in F3.

I just wish more developers would utilize Euphoria.

Euphoria is a really interesting and ambitious engine, but Im not sure how it could be implemented in a world as vast as the ones usually present in Fallout games. I mean the physics alone would be immensely demanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M&feature=related < This video is old but still awesome to watch. I wish they would put in that engine, but I dont know how pc's would handle it, im sure there are little tricks to get it to work smoothly.

Interestingly GTA IV used euphoria physics but that game got boring really fast for me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:16:36 pm by Andyp »

FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 01:47:37 pm »

So, yeah.

This hasn't been posted yet for some reason:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H2LdUwNDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H2LdUwNDk</a>

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:12 pm »

Ok, that bit was poorly worded, Kiwi meant that they handed KotOR 2 to Obsidian.
I know, I was just clarifying what you said because Shadow misread your "2" and you accidentally said Oblivion instead of Obsidian, complicated further by Oblivion being a Bethesda game. So I didn't mean to be correcting you, just being doubly clear.

UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »

So, yeah.

This hasn't been posted yet for some reason:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H2LdUwNDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H2LdUwNDk</a>
It was actually posted in 2 other threads, but yeah, it should probably be in this thread.

Also, because of all this excitement about New Vegas I installed Fallout 3 with all the DLC my friend got from Argentina. I'm installing loads of mods now. Can't wait to play.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 02:44:38 pm »

same here, actually.

except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
GlobalEnjoi
Poster

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »

I would love to have a game like Fallout 3 with the Euphoria tech. I enjoyed that aspect of GTA4 the most. Actually, if it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have even bought it. It really makes the people feel alive, more alive than in most games.

Stabbing someone at the top of some stairs, bumping into them, and watching them tumble backwards was hilarious, and then after that they would try to get up and crawl away. Actually, now I wish Mount & Blade used it...
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 03:27:16 pm »

Until I play a game that proves otherwise, I don't think any game can be taken seriously with Euphoria, because watching people go flying/tumbling down shit/tripping over shit is too funny for a more serious type of game.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:14 pm »

Star Wars: TFU.

Good lord I hated the story of that game. BUT I LOVED PICKING UP STORMTROOPERS AND LAUNCHING THEM AT EACH OTHER.

Especially when they hung on to each other, so I could just drop them off a cliff or something.

Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 05:46:16 pm »

Euphoria is a really interesting and ambitious engine, but Im not sure how it could be implemented in a world as vast as the ones usually present in Fallout games. I mean the physics alone would be immensely demanding.

As you said, GTA4 uses it and it works without any problems so I don't see any reasons why a Fallout game would suffer from any.

I think there's still hope that FNV will turn out good from an RPG perspective even though they said "it will be the same sort of role-playing game experience seen in Fallout 3". This was way over a year ago and they might have said it as to not sway the very broad audience of F3 away from FNV. The people over at Obsidian have had much more experience with hardcore RPGs as opposed to Bethesda and hopefully this will count for something.

I want them to release a trailer such as this one.

FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 06:01:43 pm »

How have I never seen that trailer?

Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 06:06:01 pm »

Have you been to this website?

Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:02 pm »

The people over at Obsidian have had much more experience with hardcore RPGs as opposed to Bethesda and hopefully this will count for something.
No love for Morrowind, Daggerfall or Arena? (And no I don´t want to start another argument)

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2010, 09:29:29 pm »

No love for Morrowind, Daggerfall or Arena? (And no I don´t want to start another argument)
I was going to say the same, but then didn't for your second reason.

Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 05:59:09 pm »

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/fallout---new-vegas-first-scre/1016135

"All throughout the demo it's apparent that Obsidian are much more comfortable behind the keyboard the team that made fallout 3."
Better writing, that's a big plus.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:08:14 pm by Broadsword »

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 06:06:07 pm »

Ok so far I read some pages and it seems fucking brilliant. Perks are back! And they revised the speech system. Also whoever did the review claims that obsidian has hired someone decent at dialog and writing.

edit: That last sentence got to me. "Equivalent of Vice City to GTA III", if they can pull that off their are the new RPG gods.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:19:41 pm by Scrap.est »

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 06:38:15 pm »

edit: That last sentence got to me. "Equivalent of Vice City to GTA III", if they can pull that off their are the new RPG gods.

I don't understand this; how on earth is Vice City compatible with Fallout?

Also, people seem to have forgotten about New Reno.

Also, if Obsidian want to claim the throne as the gods of RPG they'll have to go through both Black Isles Studios and Bioware, which is no mean feat.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 06:40:58 pm »

Excitement mounting. Sounds like it's going to be amazing.

I don't understand this; how on earth is Vice City compatible with Fallout?

They're not comparing the styles, they're comparing the impact both games have on their respective series.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 06:41:55 pm »

They're not comparing the styles, they're comparing the impact both games have on their respective series.

Oh, well that makes a lot more sense.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: All Hopes for Fallout Are In New Vegas « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length