Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:59:47 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: "Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism" « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: "Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism"  (Read 9772 times)
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« on: March 22, 2010, 08:57:14 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM</a>

Watch it and rage. I think the Tim Ingham did pretty damn well since he was going against everything the crowd wanted to hear.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:46:40 am by Laserhead »

Quote from:  Pi Mu Rho
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroom
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:41 pm »

I just had to stop the video at the 2:20 mark.

"There's a proven link between behavioural violence and videogame violence."

Someone should hit that bitch over her head.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 09:11:06 pm »

aren't you guys tired of complaining about these people?

just ignore them

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »

aren't you guys tired of complaining about these people?

just ignore them

It's not like they're slandering our hobby and calling us potential psychotic killers.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Sands
Poster

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:20:09 pm »

Everybody knows what's in everyone elses best interest.

There were still sociopaths and mass-murderers before people had a way to pretend to kill in a game.

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
Nel
Poster

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »

I actually thought that it was kind of interesting to watch, the woman was clearly clueless, trying to ask him if he would let his kids play violent games after he clearly said that children shouldn't be allowed to play such games.  Honestly, the guy on the left made a lot of good points, and the older man was more understanding of his points, and actually listened to them.
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »

A letter of complaint to ITV, perfectly summing up the interview and making some interesting points about the other guests. Lol
My favorites bits are:
Julie Peasgood has built a career as an occasional short-run soap actress and an expert on sex. She is often found using thinly-veiled sexual innuendo on The Alan Titchmarsh Show where Julie and the host often skirt the boundaries of public decency, flirting with sexual assault whilst prodding winking and salivating over a procession of semi-naked models. This is the first time I’ve ever heard her talk about the UK’s largest grossing entertainment medium.

Kelvin MacKenzie was the third panel member, a man whose journalistic history reads like a guide on how to be the most ill-advised and offensive right wing bigot to ever approve a headline. This is the same Kelvin MacKenzie that famously ran the incredibly distasteful “Gotcha” headline after three hundred and twenty-three Argentine seamen lost their lives during the sinking of the ARA General Belgrano during the Falklands Conflict. And yet the producers of the show saw no irony in asking him to speak about the casual depictions of war in recent entertainment media.

To give Kelvin MacKenzie his due, he had at least tried to research his subject for a couple of minutes before he went in front of camera. Unfortunately, he then went on to contradict himself, trip over the terminology and make bizarre and unsubstantiated claims about a seventeen year old murder case.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:31:08 pm by Laserhead »

Quote from:  Pi Mu Rho
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroom
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 10:13:12 pm »

Everybody knows what's in everyone elses best interest.

There were still sociopaths and mass-murderers before people had a way to pretend to kill in a game.
Crimes committed by people under the age of 20 have more than halved in the past 40 years.

http://youthfacts.org/crime.html

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:51 pm »

Crimes committed by people under the age of 20 have more than halved in the past 40 years.

http://youthfacts.org/crime.html

You could blame that on anything from movies to games to rock to comic books to tv to gay furries.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »

I'm not implying that it is caused by games. I'm saying that our kids are as well behaved and safe as ever. The only problem video games impose is obesity, and even that isn't really caused by it because the parents should monitor it anyway.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

No longer staring into souls.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »

Video games don't cause obesity.
People who don't have the willpower to exercise, eat decently, and take care of their bodies cause obesity.

Quote from: korea-people
Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
Quote from: maxnose
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

That women is smart, DOES HER FACTS AND STUFF. YOU SHOOD ALL LISTEN TO HER.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 11:12:08 pm »

I love it when people confuse video games with the internet.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:15:29 pm »

Jack Thompson trolled better.

Only true part is the interactive media, it probably is the best way to experience shooting some pixel shape that looks like a human or doing any other thing that you normally wouldn´t be available to do.

Now knowing that would probably be the worst thing to single out from the industry I still don´t get how they can draw a link between buying a pistol, loading it, going out and shooting someone to pushing some button.

Hur hur I threw a milk carton, I must be practicing for throwing nades at my local school.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:17:02 pm by Scrap.est »

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »

"Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism"
She has no idea what she's talking about I'm nothing like that. Fucking bitch, I hate her so much I just want to cut her throat. All women are such stupid cunts who should be beat down.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

Video games don't cause obesity.
People who don't have the willpower to exercise, eat decently, and take care of their bodies cause obesity.

Genes play a huge part in this as well.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:01 pm »

This is utterly ridiculous. I love how she states some unspecified survey then calls it fact, then he mentions an actual proper government survey that one can easily google which contradicts her bullshit a second later and the audience boos.
Also, look at Australia. They've been strict on games for years. Has crime gone down?

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
Nel
Poster

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 11:32:11 pm »

All women are such stupid cunts who should be beat down.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 11:34:37 pm »

Alligators are no women

20:25 - Waluigi: Apparently everyone is freaking out about GFWL for no rason
rason
rason
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 11:39:40 pm »

She has no idea what she's talking about I'm nothing like that. Fucking bitch, I hate her so much I just want to cut her throat. All women are such stupid cunts who should be beat down.
I lol'd hard

It's funny because if the girl in that video saw your post she wouldn't realise you were trollin'

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Off-topic  |  Topic: "Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length