Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 05:50:54 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: PS3 douchebags vs PC fagsacks vs Xbox frat-tards vs Wii-men « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: PS3 douchebags vs PC fagsacks vs Xbox frat-tards vs Wii-men  (Read 6321 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

alone on a mountaintop uprooted from the Earth

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 11:05:35 pm »

DEBATE = OVER
AND THEN I ENJOYED SOME PIZZA

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
McViolent
ZM2 Admin

Boler's Bane

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »

A PS3 sounds cool but a gaming PC with equal specs to a PS3 sounds better to me.
shutup9100
Build Tester

Fuck you, I'm going to space.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

I would like to point out that the main reason I use a console for some gaming is because graphics cards are fucking expensive.

Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »

Kiwi trolled and then Waper bit the bait, and it was clogging up the game deals thread, which is one of the few good threads left.

Fix'd, I believe.

Waper ruins any debate.

*lalalalalala* Yes but my version is much better and I won't even try to understand the opposition *lalalalalala*

It's ironic how by not reading the discussion, or at least not comprehending it, and then posting above statement, you just did exactly the thing you claim I do.

In other words; shut the fuck up, troll.

They're no cheaper, they're equal in cost, so in this comparison the host of other problems makes PC gaming the better choice.

I don't think you'll find a computer that's able to run a game smoothly with the same graphics-settings as a console and in 1920x1080 under at least 600$.

The social aspect is being able to play on a couch with your buddies... which many developers see as lost sales and therefore severely limit the number of players per console.

Really?

---

Just to be clear, I'd pick my computer over my 360 any day.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

Exactly, so who are we to judge the motion system(I mean the system itself, and not the games for it)?
As of now, we have to rely on the launch titles and the demos from the show, and it looks grim for Kinect. That, and the hardware looks limiting. For example, lets say you try playing a shooter, how do you do simple tasks like reload? Shout 'RELOAD' at the TV? Unless you look like getting licked by Siberian tigers named 'Skittles' (Cue furry joke), Kinect looks like a boring mess.

You also have two conflicting points Joest. One of your points say that the Xbox is gonna be filled with kiddie games and casual shit, whilst in the next post, you speak of there being too much testosterone. Is that even a bad thing?  *insert gay joke here*
Kinect - Aimed for the same audience as the Wii. Limited use for hardcore gamers. Launch games consist of excorsize games, party games, dance games, a kart racing game, and 'flail your arms and legs around' sports games.
Regular Xbox - Aimed at hardcore audience. Tries to pack each of its games with enough testosterone to fill a ballsack the size of Texas.
PS3 - A good mixture of the two.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
shutup9100
Build Tester

Fuck you, I'm going to space.

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 11:17:29 pm »

I believe you meant "exercising."

Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 11:20:12 pm »

Kinect - Aimed for the same audience as the Wii. Limited use for hardcore gamers. Launch games consist of excorsize games, party games, dance games, a kart racing game, and 'flail your arms and legs around' sports games.
Regular Xbox - Aimed at hardcore audience. Tries to pack each of its games with enough testosterone to fill a ballsack the size of Texas.

Again, how are these bad things? If other people enjoy these things, then let them play and quit acting superior because of different taste. Not everyone can run six miles like you.

I believe you meant "exercising."

Quote from: Worbat
THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »

I don't think you'll find a computer that's able to run a game smoothly with the same graphics-settings as a console and in 1920x1080 under at least 600$.

My computer cost me $800 when I built it three years ago- today it would be significantly less. I can run it at 1600x1200 and medium-high settings in every game I play, and never go below 40 FPS. That's significantly better than the 360's performance, which is usually locked at 30 FPS and uses medium-low settings (as well as the aforementioned low-quality textures).
Weighted Companion Cube
Build Tester

No longer staring into souls.

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:19 pm »

In all seriousness Joest, the Move looks painfully stupid.

The poses people were in for shooters look uncomfortable and unfun, when using my Wii I sit in a chair or on my beanbag and try and move as little as possible.  I don't like motion controls for most games, and this is just another controller like the Wii's. It even looks the same. Accuracy or ease of use hasn't been a problem, they simply aren't any more fun to use. They aren't immersive either.

But if I need motion controls I can always use my Wiimote on my superior PC.

Quote from: korea-people
Good morning. Korea is the user. But I also want to know that this question oeuigeot is olryeobop.
Quote from: maxnose
I want to know, if I had issued snake god master's renewal, whether the people will use them?
V
Poster

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity...

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 12:28:43 am »

I have every "current-gen" system and all I can say is that the 360 is a waste, I payed $139 to play two games...

Number of games I own for each:

PC=170
PS3=34
Wii=16
DS=10
PSP=5
360=2

People should not be afraid of their governments.  Governments should be afraid of their people...
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 01:01:45 am »

I use a 360 because it's the most common and I enjoy the ability to take out the hard drive for when I go to other people's houses. It also gets used for new games that I know I'm just going to rent or will strain my pc overmuch.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 01:42:17 am »

I personally think the PC and consoles share too little ground to argue one or the other. I mean, I have my reasons for picking a PC over a console, but I could never say that consoles really suck. They're great for people who aren't that dedicated to gaming, or have less money, or enjoy multiplayer (especially rock band).

I do, however, agree there is legitimate debate with PS3 and 360. I usually stay out of it though, because at the end of the day it really just comes down to game preference.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 01:47:21 am »

A PS3 sounds cool but a gaming PC with equal specs to a PS3 sounds better to me.

Goodluck getting a gameing PC to run anything with 512 MB ram.

I mean seriously I am not even sure how the ps3 can run anything like that, but it can so I don't complain.

I have every "current-gen" system and all I can say is that the 360 is a waste, I payed $139 to play two games...

Number of games I own for each:

PC=170
PS3=34
Wii=16
DS=10
PSP=5
360=2

Buy more 360 games?

I mean sure most good games on the 360 are also on the PC, but surely you can find more than two that are worth your time?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 02:07:35 am »

I've only got a PC and a PS2, but if I had a 360 there are definitely some games I'd buy over their PC variants. Halo games are best enjoyed on a console (if enjoyed at all), and I'd definitely say Assassin's Creed is better designed to be played on a console. Is Prototype a 360 game? If so, then that too.

Service with a smile Grin
The Essentials
Poster

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 02:15:33 am »

Here's my overall opinion:

360- this is a console meant for the most amounts of player; frat boys, gaming nerds, tentative gamer chicks and little children. therefore it cannot please everyone so you get the rabid defense fanboys and the dissenting masses who still own and play one anyway.

PS3- This is the dick waving console. "my PS3 is better because of (technical specs here)" If you own one, you have blu-ray games, you have it hooked up to an HD TV, and you probably brag about the free online play.

Wii- My 9 year old brother loves it. He does not care about graphics, or "how gaming should be". he manages to extract more fun out of that infernal white box than I ever have, and for that I applaud him for it. If you enjoy it, good. don't bitch about because you do not enjoy it like a small kid does.

PC- too aloof to compare to the consoles. The only comparable ground is the games that go on both. any console will kick a PC's ass in racing games, Sports games, and 3rd person shooters. PC (if you can run it smoothly) sweeps the floor with RPGs, FPS's, and every other genre out there.

PS2- Pure win. It had the sly cooper series, the ratchet and clank series, and the gran turismo series.

GBA- A neccessity for trips and such. the games are designed to have bad graphics, but be frustrating enough to keep you occupied while you wait for a given task. In short, it does it's job.

Pinball table: the graphics are incredible! the HDR can get a bit extreme, but the fast-paced action and competitive scoring keep me hooked everytime I have a spare quarter.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 02:17:19 am »

I've only got a PC and a PS2, but if I had a 360 there are definitely some games I'd buy over their PC variants. Halo games are best enjoyed on a console (if enjoyed at all), and I'd definitely say Assassin's Creed is better designed to be played on a console. Is Prototype a 360 game? If so, then that too.

Prototype is on the PS3 as well, and it suuuuuuuuuucks.

@essentials.

I only brag about free online when the rabid 360 fanboys start foaming at the mouth.

DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 02:29:29 am »

PC-any console will kick a PC's ass in racing games, Sports games, and 3rd person shooters.
I don't quite understand, if you mean controller wise then absolutely not as there are thousands of game pads you can get for a PC including the 360 controller

<br />I hate all of you<br />
<br />Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.<br />
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 02:31:37 am »

I don't quite understand, if you mean controller wise then absolutely not as there are thousands of game pads you can get for a PC including the 360 controller

Agreed, any attachement for a console exists for the PC.

As was said you can get a PC to recognize and work with a 360 controller with no hassle, but you can also get it to use a ps3 controller by fiddling with some drivers, and a wiimote by doing some serious fiddling.

The Essentials
Poster

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 02:34:43 am »

Prototype is on the PS3 as well, and it suuuuuuuuuucks.

@essentials.

I only brag about free online when the rabid 360 fanboys start foaming at the mouth.

Yeah, the reason it's free is because it sucks. It's always laggy and there's nobody on. I'd rather pay for live than use that crap-ternet the ps3 uses.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 02:37:21 am »

Yeah, the reason it's free is because it sucks. It's always laggy and there's nobody on. I'd rather pay for live than use that crap-ternet the ps3 uses.

Actually it doesn't suck, and I've only experianced a very little lag and none on games like MAG with 256 players per server. The only part that is even somewhat poor is the once a week update for content instead of immediatly.

Also, you're foam is getting on your shirt.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Games  |  Topic: PS3 douchebags vs PC fagsacks vs Xbox frat-tards vs Wii-men « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length